Oliveira one of three to see red in bizarre Greek Cup semi-final ending
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City striker Nelson Oliveira was one of three AEK Athens players sent off in as many minutes during their Greek Cup semi-final aggregate victory over Aris on Wednesday.
The Portuguese forward was dismissed following a bizarre three minutes which saw the Greek giants reduced to eight men in quick succession as the tie reached stoppage time of extra time.
AEK progressed to the final of the competition, coming back from 2-0 down on the night to draw 2-2 and win 4-3 on aggregate.
Oliveira assisted the equaliser and had a gilt-edged chance to secure victory on the night deep into extra-time, only to volley the ball against the underside of the bar when the goal was gaping.
All three red cards were seperate incidents, with Oliveira the last of the players to get sent off.
You may also want to watch:
Petros Mantalos was the first to see red for a nasty tackle before Dutch referee Danny Makkelie sent off Andre Simoes just one minute later after he clashed with an opposing player.
Oliveira’s red card came soon after, with the Portuguese international attempting to block a quick free-kick - only to see himself suffer the same fate as his colleagues.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
The former City striker will now be suspended for the final. AEK Athens will face Olympiacos next month.