Former City man resigns as manager...after less than a month!
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City academy director Richard Money has resigned as Solihull Moors manager after less than a month in charge.
The 62-year-old was appointed boss at the Midlands club on October 4 and during his four league games in charge he picked up one victory.
However, Moors are currently bottom of the Vanarama National League following Saturday’s 4-0 defeat at home to AFC Fylde.
A club statement said: “Solihull Moors are disappointed that Richard’s short time in charge has ended so soon and will commence the search for a replacement immediately.”
MORE: Money wants to get back into senior footballRichard Money told the club’s website the reasons behind his exit.
“There are so many people at this club who have worked so hard to get it to the level it is playing at right now and it deserves to stay there,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“To do so it needs someone who can fully commit to the clubs future and unfortunately I am unable to do that right now. I wish everyone, board, players and supporters every success and thank them for their help, kindness and understanding.”
Money left the Canaries in August as their academy manager to get back into senior football. Steve Weaver was announced as Money’s replacement in September, joining from sporting director Stuart Webber’s former club Huddersfield Town.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 7 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 8 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 9 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 10 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media