Former City winger signs deal with Israeli side
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut has joined Maccabi Haifa, signing a two-year deal with the Israeli side.
The 27-year-old was a free agent after his contract run out at Carrow Road this summer.
"I am very happy to come here," said Wildschut. "I'm looking forward to getting to know my new teammates and preparing for a great season."
Wildschut was signed by City from Wigan in January 2017 as then manager Alex Neil tried to repair his derailed team, for a reported fee of £4million which could potentially rise to around £7m.
The speedy attacker made 20 appearances under Farke during the first half of last season, scoring once, a sweetly-struck winner at Sheffield United.
You may also want to watch:
However, he was sent on loan to Cardiff for the second half of the 2017/18 season but failed to make much of an impact with the Welsh side.
Last summer he was sent on loan to Bolton for the season but struggled as the Trotters were relegated to League One amid huge financial problems.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits