Former City winger signs deal with Israeli side
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut has joined Maccabi Haifa, signing a two-year deal with the Israeli side.
The 27-year-old was a free agent after his contract run out at Carrow Road this summer.
"I am very happy to come here," said Wildschut. "I'm looking forward to getting to know my new teammates and preparing for a great season."
Wildschut was signed by City from Wigan in January 2017 as then manager Alex Neil tried to repair his derailed team, for a reported fee of £4million which could potentially rise to around £7m.
The speedy attacker made 20 appearances under Farke during the first half of last season, scoring once, a sweetly-struck winner at Sheffield United.
You may also want to watch:
However, he was sent on loan to Cardiff for the second half of the 2017/18 season but failed to make much of an impact with the Welsh side.
Last summer he was sent on loan to Bolton for the season but struggled as the Trotters were relegated to League One amid huge financial problems.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 10 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day