Ex-Canaries coaching duo seal new roles
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Two former Norwich City academy coaches have got new jobs, with ex-Canaries winger Adrian Forbes bouncing back quickly from his role at Colney coming to an end recently.
Former Norwich City Under-23s head coach Dmitri Halajko has been appointed academy U23 lead coach at West Ham, where he joins former Canaries technical director and academy manager Ricky Martin - who was promoted to academy manager by the Hammers earlier this year.
Halajko brought an end to almost five years at Norwich when he quit as under-23 head coach to join Leicester City's academy as head of player development, having been in charge of the under-23s for 18 months.
Martin told West Ham's website: "I am really pleased that Dmitri has agreed to join us and it is a real coup to have appointed someone of his experience and ability.
"I have seen at first hand his quality and talent as a coach, both in sessions on the training pitch and working with players individually on their development programmes.
"He has fantastic experience at academy level and a proven record of progressing elite players through to first team level. His style and approach will fit in perfectly to the West Ham way that we encourage and nurture here at Chadwell Heath."
You may also want to watch:
- Elsewhere, ex-City winger Forbes has joined another of his former clubs, Championship new boys Luton Town, as head of academy coaching and professional player development.
It was announced in April that Forbes - who has also worked as pitchside announcer on match days at Carrow Road in recent seasons - would be leaving his role at Colney having completed his Premier League funded Elite Coaches Apprenticeship Scheme and gained his Diploma in Coach Development.
- City legend Craig Fleming has had his promotion to assistant coach at Southampton made permanent, having been promoted from U23 level to join the first-team staff when Ralph Hasenhüttl arrived in December, helping the Saints avoid relegation.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 6 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 7 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
Former Canaries goalkeeper coach Dave Watson has also been promoted to the role of assistant coach, with a new goalkeeper coach coming in.