Ex-City winger Jarvis shines on Woking debut
- Credit: PA
Former Norwich City winger Matt Jarvis has returned to football with a goal and an assist on debut for National League side Woking.
The England international ended his injury plagued spell with the Canaries last summer upon the expiration of his contract.
Despite trialling with League Two leaders Swindon Town, Jarvis was eventually signed by the non-league outfit last week and he made his debut in Saturday's 2-0 victory over Maidenhead United.
The 33-year-old joined the Canaries in 2016 but went onto make only 21 appearances in all competitions.
The majority of his City career saw him sidelined with long-term injuries to his knee, hip, groin and hamstring but now Jarvis is back on the pitch and enjoying football again.
You may also want to watch:
He was a 58th minute substitute and opened his account for Alan Dobson's men just four minutes later when he tapped in from Jake Hyde's cross.
Ex-City academy graduate Jamar Loza also featured for the Cardinals but it was Jarvis who stole the show. His corner was headed home by Hyde to secure victory for Woking.
- 1 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 2 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 5 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 6 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 7 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 8 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 9 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
- 10 David Hannant: Daniel Barden's success sums up all that is right at Norwich City