Ex-City winger Jarvis shines on Woking debut
- Credit: PA
Former Norwich City winger Matt Jarvis has returned to football with a goal and an assist on debut for National League side Woking.
The England international ended his injury plagued spell with the Canaries last summer upon the expiration of his contract.
Despite trialling with League Two leaders Swindon Town, Jarvis was eventually signed by the non-league outfit last week and he made his debut in Saturday's 2-0 victory over Maidenhead United.
The 33-year-old joined the Canaries in 2016 but went onto make only 21 appearances in all competitions.
The majority of his City career saw him sidelined with long-term injuries to his knee, hip, groin and hamstring but now Jarvis is back on the pitch and enjoying football again.
You may also want to watch:
He was a 58th minute substitute and opened his account for Alan Dobson's men just four minutes later when he tapped in from Jake Hyde's cross.
Ex-City academy graduate Jamar Loza also featured for the Cardinals but it was Jarvis who stole the show. His corner was headed home by Hyde to secure victory for Woking.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star