Forster's good luck message to Norwich City
David Cuffley Goalkeeper Fraser Forster today sent a message of thanks and good luck to Norwich City and the club's supporters after his hopes of a return to Carrow Road failed to materialise.
Goalkeeper Fraser Forster today sent a message of thanks and good luck to Norwich City and the club's supporters after his hopes of a return to Carrow Road failed to materialise.
The signing of 'keeper John Ruddy from Everton effectively ended manager Paul Lambert's bid to re-sign the 22-year-old, who had been hoping to rejoin City for their Championship campaign.
Forster made 42 appearances for the Canaries during his loan spell from Newcastle United last season, when he was voted players' player of the season.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I would like to thank everyone at Norwich City for my fantastic time there last season.
“It was great to be part of a team that worked together to achieve promotion. I had hoped to be part of the team again.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 4 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 5 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 7 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 8 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
“Paul Lambert is a fantastic manager and I hope to have the opportunity to work with him in the future.”
He did not comment on why he was unable to return to Norwich, but paid tribute to supporters for helping to make his stay a memorable one.
“The fans at Norwich are tremendous and I would like to thank them for all their support. I wish Norwich City every success this season,” he said.
Forster has travelled with Newcastle to a pre-season training camp in Dublin as one of three goalkeepers in manager Chris Hughton's senior squad.
Ruddy, 23, joined City on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee earlier this week and has been handed the No 1 jersey.