Forster's good luck message to Norwich City
David Cuffley Goalkeeper Fraser Forster today sent a message of thanks and good luck to Norwich City and the club's supporters after his hopes of a return to Carrow Road failed to materialise.
Goalkeeper Fraser Forster today sent a message of thanks and good luck to Norwich City and the club's supporters after his hopes of a return to Carrow Road failed to materialise.
The signing of 'keeper John Ruddy from Everton effectively ended manager Paul Lambert's bid to re-sign the 22-year-old, who had been hoping to rejoin City for their Championship campaign.
Forster made 42 appearances for the Canaries during his loan spell from Newcastle United last season, when he was voted players' player of the season.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I would like to thank everyone at Norwich City for my fantastic time there last season.
“It was great to be part of a team that worked together to achieve promotion. I had hoped to be part of the team again.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
“Paul Lambert is a fantastic manager and I hope to have the opportunity to work with him in the future.”
He did not comment on why he was unable to return to Norwich, but paid tribute to supporters for helping to make his stay a memorable one.
“The fans at Norwich are tremendous and I would like to thank them for all their support. I wish Norwich City every success this season,” he said.
Forster has travelled with Newcastle to a pre-season training camp in Dublin as one of three goalkeepers in manager Chris Hughton's senior squad.
Ruddy, 23, joined City on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee earlier this week and has been handed the No 1 jersey.