Forster will be big hit at Celtic - Lambert
Celtic are continuing to close in on the loan signing of former Norwich City favourite Fraser Forster. The 6ft 7in Newcastle goalkeeper was at Parkhead yesterday to finalise his move to Glasgow after watching Celtic beat St Mirren 4-0 on Sunday in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.
Celtic are continuing to close in on the loan signing of former Norwich City favourite Fraser Forster.
The 6ft 7in Newcastle goalkeeper was at Parkhead yesterday to finalise his move to Glasgow after watching Celtic beat St Mirren 4-0 on Sunday in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.
Forster helped the Canaries to the League One title during a loan spell last season and Celtic manager Neil Lennon received a glowing recommendation from Paul Lambert, his former midfield partner at Celtic Park.
“It will be a great move for him, it really will, as long as he can handle the Glasgow lifestyle,” said the City boss. “Half the city will love him and half won't. As long as he doesn't say anything silly to you guys (the press) then he'll be fine. As long as he performs how he did when he was here the Celtic fans will love him.
You may also want to watch:
“It's a huge, huge football club but he has been used to that here.
“Lenny (Neil Lennon) and I are really good friends and he has done well. I think the conversations we have are just for me and him but he has Alan Thompson up there and he knows Fraser well from Newcastle. He has a really top class keeper on his hands, that's for sure.”
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
- 2 Giannoulis knows all about reported Canaries target Tzolis
- 3 Ex-Norwich City striker heading for Finland
- 4 Canaries unveil black and turquoise away kit
- 5 Ranking every Norwich City away kit from the 21st century from worst to first
- 6 The truth behind Cantwell to Aston Villa rumours and when City fans should worry
- 7 'That is gorgeous' - City fans loving new away kit
- 8 WINDOW WATCH: All the latest Canaries news discussed
- 9 'We were so close' - Lambert's rare reflection on his success at City
- 10 David Freezer: City will be desperate to avoid further disruption
Lennon has been looking for someone to challenge Lukasz Zaluska since Artur Boruc signed for Fiorentina and the Celtic boss believes he has found him.
“Fraser's age, 22, is the only thing going against him because otherwise he's all the qualities you look for in a goalkeeper,” said Lennon.