Forster will be big hit at Celtic - Lambert
Celtic are continuing to close in on the loan signing of former Norwich City favourite Fraser Forster. The 6ft 7in Newcastle goalkeeper was at Parkhead yesterday to finalise his move to Glasgow after watching Celtic beat St Mirren 4-0 on Sunday in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.
Celtic are continuing to close in on the loan signing of former Norwich City favourite Fraser Forster.
The 6ft 7in Newcastle goalkeeper was at Parkhead yesterday to finalise his move to Glasgow after watching Celtic beat St Mirren 4-0 on Sunday in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.
Forster helped the Canaries to the League One title during a loan spell last season and Celtic manager Neil Lennon received a glowing recommendation from Paul Lambert, his former midfield partner at Celtic Park.
“It will be a great move for him, it really will, as long as he can handle the Glasgow lifestyle,” said the City boss. “Half the city will love him and half won't. As long as he doesn't say anything silly to you guys (the press) then he'll be fine. As long as he performs how he did when he was here the Celtic fans will love him.
“It's a huge, huge football club but he has been used to that here.
“Lenny (Neil Lennon) and I are really good friends and he has done well. I think the conversations we have are just for me and him but he has Alan Thompson up there and he knows Fraser well from Newcastle. He has a really top class keeper on his hands, that's for sure.”
- 1 Smith braced for a late transfer window twist
- 2 'Should be winning these games' - City fans react to Hull loss
- 3 Byram key to City's left back injury curse
- 4 No need to panic says City chief Smith after Hull defeat
- 5 Hanley adamant City are moving in the right direction despite Hull loss
- 6 HULL 2 CANARIES 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Hull City 2-1 Canaries
- 8 Those ever-changing moods...
- 9 Villa ace Ramsey was a prime City target
- 10 Norwich City unveil 2022/23 third kit
Lennon has been looking for someone to challenge Lukasz Zaluska since Artur Boruc signed for Fiorentina and the Celtic boss believes he has found him.
“Fraser's age, 22, is the only thing going against him because otherwise he's all the qualities you look for in a goalkeeper,” said Lennon.