Forster will stay here - Lambert
David Cuffley City boss Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
City boss Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
Arsenal and Tottenham are both reported to be considering a move for the highly-rated 21-year-old, who has made 21 appearances for City since joining on loan from Newcastle in August.
Lambert can ill afford to lose one Forster with teenager Declan Rudd currently sidelined by a knee injury, and 17-year-old Jed Steer currently on the bench with summer signing Michael Theoklitos clearly not in his plans.
You may also want to watch:
But Lambert said: “We've got him to the end of the season so I'm led to believe it doesn't affect us. He's playing terrific for us.
“I'm not surprised, the way he's performing. He has been colossal.”
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
News of Premier League interest did not surprise the City manager.
He said: “I'm not surprised by the way he's playing. It might matter to Newcastle, but they are a massive club themselves.”