Forster will stay here - Lambert
David Cuffley City boss Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
City boss Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
Arsenal and Tottenham are both reported to be considering a move for the highly-rated 21-year-old, who has made 21 appearances for City since joining on loan from Newcastle in August.
Lambert can ill afford to lose one Forster with teenager Declan Rudd currently sidelined by a knee injury, and 17-year-old Jed Steer currently on the bench with summer signing Michael Theoklitos clearly not in his plans.
You may also want to watch:
But Lambert said: “We've got him to the end of the season so I'm led to believe it doesn't affect us. He's playing terrific for us.
“I'm not surprised, the way he's performing. He has been colossal.”
- 1 Canaries not pursuing Spurs defender; Billing latest
- 2 City release 2021/22 squad numbers
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 4 Norwich City issue face masks advice to fans
- 5 City boss raises the bar ahead of Carrow Road return
- 6 City recruitment chief to join Boro
- 7 Canaries visit a matter of pride for Gills boss
- 8 Balance of risk and reward for Norwich legend at Swansea
- 9 Get ready for 'new, improved' VAR, City fans
- 10 Canaries' Q&A - with Paddy Davitt and Dave Freezer
News of Premier League interest did not surprise the City manager.
He said: “I'm not surprised by the way he's playing. It might matter to Newcastle, but they are a massive club themselves.”