Forster will stay here - Lambert
David Cuffley City boss Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
City boss Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
Arsenal and Tottenham are both reported to be considering a move for the highly-rated 21-year-old, who has made 21 appearances for City since joining on loan from Newcastle in August.
Lambert can ill afford to lose one Forster with teenager Declan Rudd currently sidelined by a knee injury, and 17-year-old Jed Steer currently on the bench with summer signing Michael Theoklitos clearly not in his plans.
You may also want to watch:
But Lambert said: “We've got him to the end of the season so I'm led to believe it doesn't affect us. He's playing terrific for us.
“I'm not surprised, the way he's performing. He has been colossal.”
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 7 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
News of Premier League interest did not surprise the City manager.
He said: “I'm not surprised by the way he's playing. It might matter to Newcastle, but they are a massive club themselves.”