Forster will stay here - Lambert
David Cuffley City boss Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
City boss Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
Arsenal and Tottenham are both reported to be considering a move for the highly-rated 21-year-old, who has made 21 appearances for City since joining on loan from Newcastle in August.
Lambert can ill afford to lose one Forster with teenager Declan Rudd currently sidelined by a knee injury, and 17-year-old Jed Steer currently on the bench with summer signing Michael Theoklitos clearly not in his plans.
But Lambert said: “We've got him to the end of the season so I'm led to believe it doesn't affect us. He's playing terrific for us.
“I'm not surprised, the way he's performing. He has been colossal.”
- 1 'Best thing Chile has produced in years' - expert on City duo
- 2 Canaries to face Bournemouth in Carabao Cup second round
- 3 'Stylish' Gibbs gets Smith's vote
- 4 Carabao Cup: City loanee scores in cup shock; Canaries fan nets winner at Ipswich
- 5 Kone opens up on collapse of proposed City transfer
- 6 City the Championship standard for rival boss
- 7 Chris Sutton: Cantwell's City comeback could prove the making of him
- 8 'No, he won't do it again' - Smith on Nunez's cheeky League Cup pen
- 9 Ian Clarke: City's shoot-out win capped a fantastic family night
- 10 Sinani's first City strike years in the making
News of Premier League interest did not surprise the City manager.
He said: “I'm not surprised by the way he's playing. It might matter to Newcastle, but they are a massive club themselves.”