Fotheringham in Spanish link
Former Norwich City skipper Mark Fotheringham is hoping to clinch a move to Spain, according to reports.The 25-year-old midfielder will have trials with La Liga side Espanyol next week, claims the Scottish Daily Express.
Former Norwich City skipper Mark Fotheringham is hoping to clinch a move to Spain, according to reports.
The 25-year-old Scottish midfielder will have trials with La Liga side Espanyol next week, claims the Scottish Daily Express.
Fotheringham's contract with the Canaries was terminated before the end of the season after he fell out of favour and lost the captaincy to Gary Doherty.
He made 76 appearances for City, scoring four times, but did not play after the 2-1 home defeat by Coventry at the end of February.
You may also want to watch:
Fotheringham, who began his career with Celtic before joining Dundee, has previous experience in European club football after spells with SC Freiburg in Germany and FC Aarau in Switzerland.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 3 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth