Fox lob seals history win for Kirkley
St Ives Town 1, Kirkley And Pakefield 2: Kirkley and Pakefield march on triumphantly into the second round of the FA Cup for the first-ever time in the club's history with a hard-fought victory at United Counties League side St Ives.
St Ives Town 1, Kirkley And Pakefield 2
Kirkley and Pakefield march on triumphantly into the second round of the FA Cup for the first-ever time in the club's history with a hard-fought victory at United Counties League side St Ives.
For the first half hour St Ives looked dangerous from their set-piece play but Kirkley's nerves were soothed on the half-hour mark when a penalty, taken by keeper Robert Woodcock, put them in front after Tarin Grint had been fouled in the box.
This penalty was Woodcock's 11th success in 12 attempts since joining the club from Wroxham last season.
You may also want to watch:
The fast-running St Ives won a penalty of their own right on the half time whistle when Wallace was tumbled by Chris Henderson and Simon Clarridge made no mistake from the spot.
Kirkley dominated the second half in which midfielder Ian Dawson celebrating his 20th birthday pulled the strings and Kirkley won an exciting cup tie with an audacious 58th minute lob into the top of an unguarded net from the right boot of Justin Fox.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit