- Credit: Archant
The wing-wizard, nicknamed Scarface as a result of the injuries he received during a car crash as a child, helped France create World Cup history to qualify for Brazil.
Les Blues became the first country to overturn a 2-0 first-leg deficit to win their play-off fixture and book their place at the biggest show on earth.
Ribery on his day is a mesmerising winger who can beat a man on the inside and the outside.
However, in the fashion of a true flair player, he is known to have thrown a fair few strops in his time and gets frustrated when things are not going his way.
• Country: France
You may also want to watch:
• Position: Midfield
• Age: 31
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 5 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 6 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 9 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 10 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
• Current club: Bayern Munich