- Credit: Archant
The wing-wizard, nicknamed Scarface as a result of the injuries he received during a car crash as a child, helped France create World Cup history to qualify for Brazil.
Les Blues became the first country to overturn a 2-0 first-leg deficit to win their play-off fixture and book their place at the biggest show on earth.
Ribery on his day is a mesmerising winger who can beat a man on the inside and the outside.
However, in the fashion of a true flair player, he is known to have thrown a fair few strops in his time and gets frustrated when things are not going his way.
• Country: France
You may also want to watch:
• Position: Midfield
• Age: 31
- 1 PRESSER: City v Watford - Sorensen and Lees-Melou winning fitness race; trio out
- 2 Impassioned Farke lays into City critics
- 3 'Scary' Hugill giving West Brom edge in the Championship
- 4 STARTING XIs: Five changes for City against Watford
- 5 Pukki must adapt to the new post-Emi reality
- 6 Robin Sainty: Normann could solve City's weak points
- 7 NCFC LIVE: Crunch clash as City host rivals Watford
- 8 City boss dismisses Hornets' hype
- 9 David Freezer: City’s boss is immersed in a high-stakes poker game
- 10 Canaries confirm Covid status checks are 'purely for research purposes'
• Current club: Bayern Munich