Fry set to sizzle at The Walks
King's Lynn manager Tommy Taylor has brought a familiar name to The Walks in the shape of Peterborough United midfielder Adam Fry.
King's Lynn manager Tommy Taylor has brought a familiar name to The Walks in the shape of Peterborough United
midfielder Adam Fry.
The 21-year-old reserve, son of Posh director of football Barry Fry, has agreed to join the Linnets on a month's loan in order to get some first-team experience.
Lynn are short in midfield following the recent loss of Shaun Carey with a double fracture of the right leg and Taylor hopes that Fry will plug the gap
You may also want to watch:
“Basically I need more legs in the middle of the park,” said Taylor.
“I received some good reports about Adam and I am delighted to have his services for a month.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
“He is keen for some first team football and is really looking forward to coming here and showing us what he can do.
“We'll wait and see what happens after the month but if he is enjoying himself, and we like what we see, then he might stay here a little bit longer.
“For the time being I am just pleased to have got him in - and in ideal world I could do with another player in there as well.”
Fry is expected to make his debut this weekend.
The midfielder has made just four first team appearances for the London Road outfit, but has not played at league level since the back end of the 2004-5 campaign.
Taylor has also made a seven-day approach for one-time Norwich Academy player Greg Crane, who is keen to join the club after a brief spell with Conference side Cambridge United.
The uncompromising centre half, who has previously trained with the Linnets, will not be available for selection until well into next month as he is currently serving a three-match suspension.