Morris and Thompson in action as City U23s end season with a loss at Fulham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Fit-again Norwich City duo Louis Thompson and Carlton Morris banked another 90 minutes as the season ended in a narrow loss for Norwich City Under-23s at Fulham.
Irish striker Adam Idah was denied by a good save midway through the first half at Motspur Park but the Cottagers scored the game’s only goal five minutes after the break at their training ground on Friday night.
It was a third consecutive defeat for David Wright’s team, leaving them second from bottom in Division Two of Premier League Two after disappointing season, winning just five of 22 games.
The positive was a third full game for the recovering Thompson and Morris, who can now set their sights on pre-season, as well as 90 minutes for January signing Akin Famewo in defence.
Republic of Ireland U21 international Idah finishes the season as City’s top scorer with 13 goals in 24 games.
You may also want to watch:
City U23s: Johnson; Kamal, Lomas, Famewo, Payne; Thorvaldsson (Fonkeu 63), Milovanovic, Thompson, Coley (McIntosh 71); Idah (C), Morris. Unused subs: Rose (GK), Jones
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland