Morris and Thompson in action as City U23s end season with a loss at Fulham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Fit-again Norwich City duo Louis Thompson and Carlton Morris banked another 90 minutes as the season ended in a narrow loss for Norwich City Under-23s at Fulham.
Irish striker Adam Idah was denied by a good save midway through the first half at Motspur Park but the Cottagers scored the game’s only goal five minutes after the break at their training ground on Friday night.
It was a third consecutive defeat for David Wright’s team, leaving them second from bottom in Division Two of Premier League Two after disappointing season, winning just five of 22 games.
The positive was a third full game for the recovering Thompson and Morris, who can now set their sights on pre-season, as well as 90 minutes for January signing Akin Famewo in defence.
Republic of Ireland U21 international Idah finishes the season as City’s top scorer with 13 goals in 24 games.
You may also want to watch:
City U23s: Johnson; Kamal, Lomas, Famewo, Payne; Thorvaldsson (Fonkeu 63), Milovanovic, Thompson, Coley (McIntosh 71); Idah (C), Morris. Unused subs: Rose (GK), Jones
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Dowell pledge from City boss