Fuller hits hat-trick for City Reserves
Whitton 0, Norwich City Ladies Reserves 7
Having not played for a number of weeks, Norwich City Ladies Reserves returned to action this week with an away game at Whitton United.
It took a little time for Norwich to get into their stride, but after 15 minutes or so the team started to dominate, creating plenty of chances in the process.
Nic Sheldrake was unlucky not to score when her rising shot smacked against the bar, but Norwich took the lead soon afterwards when Gemma Farman’s superb through ball set up Hayley Peverley, who lashed the ball into the net. A
fter the interval, Norwich stepped up a gear and mounted attack after attack on the Whitton goal, adding a second goal when Peverley’s in-swinging corner was put into the net by a Whitton defender.
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Fuller then scored a well-deserved goal, nodding the ball in at a corner. Danielle Manthorpe took the score to 4-0, calmly stroking the ball into the net from the edge of the area from Peverley’s square pass.
Skipper Mel Kersey was unlucky to score when her shot hit a post following a corner, but Fuller was on the spot to tap in the rebound. Peverley and Manthorpe combined again for Norwich’s sixth goal, with Peverley blasting the ball past the Whitton keeper from Manthorpe’s flick-on.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update
Norwich hit the woodwork again twice before Fuller completed her hat-trick just before the end of the match, beating a couple of Whitton players and then hitting a low shot into the far corner; this made the final score 7-0 to Norwich.
Hayley Peverley was voted Norwich’s ‘Player of the Match’.
Norwich would like to wish a speedy recovery to the Whitton player who suffered a nasty leg injury making a goal-saving tackle towards the end of the match and who had to be carried off.