Born: Donegal (Jan 31, 1980)
Height: 6ft, 2in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 12st, 5lbs.
Date signed: August 20, 2004
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
Signed from: Tottenham Hotspur, undisclosed fee
Contract: June 2010
City debut: v Manchester United A (August 21, 2004)
Former clubs: Luton Town, Tottenham Hotspur
International honours: Republic of Ireland (34 caps, 4 goals)
Season 2008/09 apps: 36 Goals: 3
Norwich City apps: 183 (73rd on all-time list) Goals: 7
Luton Town (97-00): 53 starts, plus 31 as sub, 15 goals.
Tottenham (00-04): 55 starts, plus 23 as sub, 8 goals.
Total: 108 starts, plus 54 as sub, 23 goals.
A reliable central defender, Gary was recruited from Tottenham Hotspur in August 2004. Along with Adam Drury, Gary is one of only two survivors from City's Premiership season in 2004-05. He put pen to paper on a new Canary contract in the summer of 2008 but missed the first part of last season with injury.
After sitting out the first two months of the season, he returned to become almost ever present from late October onwards and was voted third in the club's player of the season award. An extremely popular and well-respected character in the dressing room - Gary was named team captain by Bryan Gunn for the final 11 games of last season.