Georgie earns her ‘Spurs’
Former North Walsham High School pupil Georgie Bobbin has signed a two-year contract to play football with north London giants Tottenham Hotspur –deadly local rivals of the team she supports.
Talented Georgie, 17, was spotted by a Spurs scout while playing for Aylsham Ladies against Acle one Sunday at Aylsham’s recreation ground.
“It’s all been a bit of a whirlwind since that day,” said Arsenal supporter Georgie. “I was invited down to trials which were held at Spurs’ training ground not far from their White Hart Lane stadium. It was for a full day and at the end they said they would call. It was two days later when they offered me a contract.”
Georgie will have her college studies subsidised and will play in the Women’s Premier League. And she will have a flat to live in, just 10 minutes’ walk from the training ground.
Georgie, who lives in Knapton, has now started meeting some of the biggest names in English football, including David Beckham who has been training with Spurs ready for his new season in America.
You may also want to watch:
She is keen to praise Aylsham Football Club. “The team has been great for me,” she said. “It’s such a close group, and when I came here I was able to bond with everyone quite quickly. I hope we can finish the season well before I leave.”
Team manager Abby Timmons wished Georgie well. She said: “We are sitting top of the league and Georgie’s contribution has been immense.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 10 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
“She really has made her mark in the team and some of the tackles she has made have really driven the team on. She will be missed, but we will stay in touch with her.”
Georgie said her ambition was to do well with Spurs and eventually represent England.