See for yourself – Norwich City confirm first-team squad for Germany pre-season tour
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Norwich City have named their travelling first-team squad, as they take their Premier League preparations on pre-season tour to Germany.
The 25-man party is set for eight days away and two friendlies, and includes Christoph Zimmermann - despite the centre-back facing up to six weeks on the sidelines after knee surgery.
Summer loan signing Patrick Roberts and Ralf Fahrmann have also travelled, as well as forward Josip Drmic who signed as a free agent earlier in the transfer window.
The rest of the group helped the Canaries to Championship title success last season, while young striker Adam Idah continues his promotion from the development squad as a part of Daniel Farke's first-team tour plans.
While the absences of Nelson Oliveira, Ben Marshall and James Husband are expected given the trio are deemed surplus to first-team requirements, that of Aston Oxborough may leave the 21-year-old academy product to consider loan options - given Tim Krul, new signing Ralf Fahrmann and Michael McGovern currently fulfil Farke's goalkeeping needs.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries fly to the North-Rhine Westphalia region today, with a friendly against Bundesliga II side Arminia Bielefeld awaiting on Sunday (3pm UK time, 4pm local time) at the Energieversum Stadion, in the Sundern district of Gütersloh.
Bundesliga side Schalke have since been announced as the final opponents of City's training camp, with the Gelsenkirchen club - now managed by David Wagner - facing City on Friday, July 19 (6.30pm local time, 5.30pm UK time) at the Frimo Stadion in Lotte; the day before Farke's squad fly home.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
A friendly against another second-tier side, Paderborn, was due to be played on Tuesday but has since been cancelled.
Once back on UK soil there will be a behind-closed-doors friendly against Brentford on Wednesday, July 24 (4.30pm).
The club has also confirmed they will host an open first-team training session on Friday, July 26 at Carrow Road. The City Stand will be open from 3pm with the two-hour session kicking off at 4pm.
The following day Farke's side head to Championship new boys Luton Town for their final away friendly of the summer - before Atalanta and Toulouse visit Carrow Road head of the Premier League kick-off on August 9.
David Wright's group will play one public friendly during their trip, taking on Lippstadt - the former club of the Canaries head coach - at the fourth-tier club's Liebelt Arena on Friday, July 19 at 6pm UK time (7pm local time).
- Norwich City pre-season tour squad: Tim KRUL (GK), Ralf FAHRMANN (GK), Michael McGOVERN (GK), Max AARONS, Ben GODFREY, Grant HANLEY, Christoph ZIMMERMANN, Patrick ROBERTS, Mario VRANCIC, Moritz LEITNER, Onel HERNANDEZ, Jamal LEWIS, Todd CANTWELL, Timm KLOSE, Philip HEISE, Emi BUENDIA, Marco STIEPERMANN, Tom TRYBULL, Josip DRMIC, Teemu PUKKI, Kenny McLEAN, Alex TETTEY, Dennis SRBENY, Louis THOMPSON, Adam IDAH.
- For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…