Ghosts looking for a manager
Fakenham Town, bottom of the Ridgeons League First Division without a win from 12 games, are looking for a new manager.Vice-chairman Paul Wright announced that joint managers Stuart Woodhouse and Mark King had stood down.
Fakenham Town, bottom of the Ridgeons League First Division without a win from 12 games, are looking for a new manager.
Vice-chairman Paul Wright announced that joint managers Stuart Woodhouse and Mark King had stood down.
“There is no ill feeling,” said Wright. “They have done a hard job in very difficult circumstances, blooding young players.” He said King was staying on with the under-15 side, and it was hoped Woodhouse would stay involved with the Ghosts after a much-deserved break. Wright described the duo as big clubmen.
Limited financial resources has meant the club has brought in several teenage players from its under-18 squad in the last couple of seasons as it has focussed on using local talent.
You may also want to watch:
Wright said it was hoped to make an announcement about a new manager “as soon as possible”.
The first team game at Stowmarket goes ahead on Saturday but the reserves' Anglian Combination home match with East Harling has been postponed due to team-raising difficulties.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
Anyone interested in the manager's post should contact Paul Wright on 01328 851775.