Gill interested in Walsall move following Norwich City exit
Former Norwich City midfielder Matt Gill has told Walsall he would love to rejoin them.
The 30-year-old, released by the Canaries, had a successful loan spell at the Banks’s Stadium last season.
Gill would like to play under Walsall manager Dean Smith again but his former club, Exeter, and Bristol Rovers are also in the hunt.
Gill confirmed the Saddlers had made contact and he would decide on his future within two weeks.
He said: “I absolutely loved my time there and I’d love to play for the gaffer if things are right. I’ve got a decision to make.
You may also want to watch:
“My agent has spoken to Dean and other clubs, a few in League One and another in League Two. That’s where I’m at.”
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 5 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star