Gill interested in Walsall move following Norwich City exit
Former Norwich City midfielder Matt Gill has told Walsall he would love to rejoin them.
The 30-year-old, released by the Canaries, had a successful loan spell at the Banks’s Stadium last season.
Gill would like to play under Walsall manager Dean Smith again but his former club, Exeter, and Bristol Rovers are also in the hunt.
Gill confirmed the Saddlers had made contact and he would decide on his future within two weeks.
He said: “I absolutely loved my time there and I’d love to play for the gaffer if things are right. I’ve got a decision to make.
You may also want to watch:
“My agent has spoken to Dean and other clubs, a few in League One and another in League Two. That’s where I’m at.”
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update