Gill set for months on Norwich sidelines
Chris Lakey Canaries midfielder Matt Gill could be out of action for another two months.Gill limped out of the League One defeat at Brentford on August 18 and hasn't played since.
Canaries midfielder Matt Gill could be out of action for another two months.
Gill limped out of the League One defeat at Brentford on August 18 and hasn't played since.
Canaries boss Paul Lambert confirmed at the press conference ahead of Tuesday's Johnstone's Paint Trophy first round tie at home to Brentford that Gill would be missing, with fellow midfielder Owain Tudur Jones also sidelined for “a few weeks” because of a calf injury.
You may also want to watch:
Lambert is likely to make more changes, with midfielder Darel Russell likely to feature at some stage along with striker Goran Maric.
Russell hasn't played for City since the end of last season, having expressed a desire to play at a higher level. A move to Premier League newcomers Burnley fell through and Russell seems likely to be stuck at Carrow Road - although he and Lambert have spoken and the new manager appears ready to welcome the 28-year-old back into the fold.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 2 'A gem. A manager's dream' - Onel in Warnock's good books
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and his roll of the dice at City
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 5 City earn respect from Seagulls' chief Potter
- 6 'Josh is the most disappointed guy in the dressing room' - Farke on fluffed chance
- 7 Aarons backs City striker to recover after 'frustrating' Brighton draw
- 8 Positives for Canaries striker Sargent to focus on after wasting golden chances
- 9 'Two points dropped' - Fans felt City deserved more from Brighton clash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
Maric is the only summer signing who City fans have yet to see in action - although he did play and score on the pre-season tour to Scotland.
The Serbian hasn't even made the bench under Lambert, but will get a chance to impress against the Bees.