Gill set for months on Norwich sidelines
Chris Lakey Canaries midfielder Matt Gill could be out of action for another two months.Gill limped out of the League One defeat at Brentford on August 18 and hasn't played since.
Canaries midfielder Matt Gill could be out of action for another two months.
Gill limped out of the League One defeat at Brentford on August 18 and hasn't played since.
Canaries boss Paul Lambert confirmed at the press conference ahead of Tuesday's Johnstone's Paint Trophy first round tie at home to Brentford that Gill would be missing, with fellow midfielder Owain Tudur Jones also sidelined for “a few weeks” because of a calf injury.
You may also want to watch:
Lambert is likely to make more changes, with midfielder Darel Russell likely to feature at some stage along with striker Goran Maric.
Russell hasn't played for City since the end of last season, having expressed a desire to play at a higher level. A move to Premier League newcomers Burnley fell through and Russell seems likely to be stuck at Carrow Road - although he and Lambert have spoken and the new manager appears ready to welcome the 28-year-old back into the fold.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
Maric is the only summer signing who City fans have yet to see in action - although he did play and score on the pre-season tour to Scotland.
The Serbian hasn't even made the bench under Lambert, but will get a chance to impress against the Bees.