Gimingham stretch their lead at the top
It was almost business as usual in the Optic NEN League as normal service was resumed.
In the Slater & Frith Division One, reigning champions and current league leaders Gimingham, travelled to last year’s runners-up Ludham, turning in a very competent all round performance to record a 5-1 success to stretch their lead at the top of table to nine points.
Runton moved into second spot following their odd goal win of nine away at East Ruston. In third spot are Coltishall who were held to a 1-1 draw by Aldborough Lions.
Hickling and North Walsham Old Boys also shared the spoils and four goals while North Walsham ‘A’ and Corpusty played out a 1-1 draw. Briston won at Horning by the odd goal of three.
With the Wayford Nurseries Division Two league leaders Worstead idle, Mundesley took their chance to close the gap, when at home to Holt ‘A’ they hit the goal trail netting eight times with their visitors replying just the once and Haisboro Athletic also kept themselves well and truly in the mix by virtue of their 6-3 home success over Aylsham ‘A’.
You may also want to watch:
Erpingham won 3-0 away at Buxton Reserves whilst Cromer Youth Old Boys and Lyng shared the points and two goals.
In the Knights Trophies Division Three there were wins for East Ruston Reserves by a 2-0 margin at Erpingham Reserves, Glaven Valley by a 3-1 margin at Gimingham Reserves and Mundesley Reserves were 2-0 home victors over Aldborough Lion Reserves.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
The League’s remaining involvement in the County Cups ended when Blakeney lost their Primary Cup replay at Riverside.