‘Lethargic. Frustrating. Needs to improve’ – Gloomy spell continues for Canaries after home draw with Barnsley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Boos greeted the final whistle as Norwich City were held to a 1-1 draw by mid-table rivals Barnsley at Carrow Road this afternoon.
It brought an end to a three-game losing streak in the Championship but makes it five games without a win in all competitions for Daniel Farke’s team.
Josh Murphy had fired the hosts in front when his shot was deflected into the net in the 12th minute, only for the lively Harvey Barnes to equalise three minutes into the second half for the Tykes.
The draw extends City’s winless run at Carrow Road to six matches, which is the first time a Canaries side have gone six home league games without a win in the second tier since the latter stages of the 1998-99 campaign.
The Canaries return to action on Tuesday when they travel to Nottingham Forest, who lost 1-0 at Birmingham City to slip to 10th, a point better off than Norwich in 12th.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 3 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 5 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans