‘Lethargic. Frustrating. Needs to improve’ – Gloomy spell continues for Canaries after home draw with Barnsley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Boos greeted the final whistle as Norwich City were held to a 1-1 draw by mid-table rivals Barnsley at Carrow Road this afternoon.
It brought an end to a three-game losing streak in the Championship but makes it five games without a win in all competitions for Daniel Farke’s team.
Josh Murphy had fired the hosts in front when his shot was deflected into the net in the 12th minute, only for the lively Harvey Barnes to equalise three minutes into the second half for the Tykes.
The draw extends City’s winless run at Carrow Road to six matches, which is the first time a Canaries side have gone six home league games without a win in the second tier since the latter stages of the 1998-99 campaign.
The Canaries return to action on Tuesday when they travel to Nottingham Forest, who lost 1-0 at Birmingham City to slip to 10th, a point better off than Norwich in 12th.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed