‘Lethargic. Frustrating. Needs to improve’ – Gloomy spell continues for Canaries after home draw with Barnsley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Boos greeted the final whistle as Norwich City were held to a 1-1 draw by mid-table rivals Barnsley at Carrow Road this afternoon.
It brought an end to a three-game losing streak in the Championship but makes it five games without a win in all competitions for Daniel Farke’s team.
Josh Murphy had fired the hosts in front when his shot was deflected into the net in the 12th minute, only for the lively Harvey Barnes to equalise three minutes into the second half for the Tykes.
The draw extends City’s winless run at Carrow Road to six matches, which is the first time a Canaries side have gone six home league games without a win in the second tier since the latter stages of the 1998-99 campaign.
The Canaries return to action on Tuesday when they travel to Nottingham Forest, who lost 1-0 at Birmingham City to slip to 10th, a point better off than Norwich in 12th.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson