Goal feast is unlikely in traditionally tight fixture
BETTING: The Canaries suffered only their second home defeat of the Premier League campaign last week against an impressive Arsenal side, but they have an excellent opportunity to bounce back when they entertain fellow promoted side Queens Park Rangers tomorrow.
It’s a match which last season was a top-of-the-table Championship fixture – one City won 1-0 – but which this week attracts all the attention and glitz of the Premier League.
There was little surprise in last term’s outcome. Five of the pair’s last seven meetings have each yielded just one goal – another finished 0-0. In other words, tomorrow’s encounter promises to be extremely tight and punters are hedging their bets, with the 5/2 on offer with Betdaq about it producing fewer than 1.5 goals proving exceptionally popular.
Elsewhere, Partybets rate the chances of both teams failing to score as a 9/1 shot, while Skybet brandishes attractive odds of 13/10 about only one team scoring.
Home advantage ensures that the Canaries kick off as Stan James’s 5/4 favourites to secure maximum points with Rangers offered at 23/10 by Victor Chandler.
You may also want to watch:
Given this fixture’s recent goalscoring history – or lack of it – cautious punters may fancy the 12/5 offered by Sportingbet against the match ending all square. Indeed, bookies report steady support for such an outcome – and for a dearth of goals.
Not surprisingly then, Paddy Power’s 15/8 for the opening half to conclude goalless has appealed to an army of punters, as has the 3/1 posted by bet365 about the Canaries enjoying a one-goal margin of victory at 90 minutes. Elsewhere, Norwich are a hefty-looking 9/4 with Ladbrokes to keep a clean sheet, while in the correct score market, they’re priced at 7/1 (Betfred) to register a 1-0 win. A 1-1 scoreline is priced at 11/2 by Totesport, while Boylesports chalk 9/2 against both halves finishing with honours even.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 7 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 8 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 9 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 10 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries