Goalless draw for King's Lynn

King's Lynn 0, Hucknall 0Lynn were looking to defend a 100 percent record of victories when they entertained the bottom club at The Walks this afternoon albeit having only met the Notts club on two previous occasions.

King's Lynn 0, Hucknall 0

Lynn were looking to defend a 100 percent record of victories when they entertained the bottom club at The Walks this afternoon albeit having only met the Notts club on two previous occasions.

Keith Webb made two changes to the squad for today's game.

In the event he made two changes to his starting line-up with Scott Howie returning in goal instead of Robert Murray who returned to his familiar bench spot while moving from bench to starting place was Adam Smith who replaced Chapman. Coming in from the Reserves were Charlie Defty and Ross Kelly who completed today's line-up.

Lynn lost the toss and were set to kick off attacking the Seven Sisters end on a fine afternoon for football. After six minutes Hucknall forced the first corner but Wilson's flag kick was headed clear by Jack Defty.

From a free-kick Francis did well to work a crossing position but then put in a poor delivery to waste the opportunity. Francis then put Smith away down the Lynn left from which a defender turned the ball behind for Lynn's first corner.

Most Read

Frew took the flag-kick from which Graham headed wide. The visitor's skipper fouled Frew, Francis took the kick which was headed clear to Mitchell but his weak shot was easily blocked.

On 17 minutes a long goal kick from Howie saw Jack Defty fouled 25 yards out from goal, Francis took the shot which produced a great save by Hucknall keeper Lindley. Another foul on Defty by Sucharewycz saw the kick again taken by Francis which was headed clear from under the Hucknall bar by Meikle.

Next Sprigg, for the visitors, was cautioned after 25 minutes for a foul on Peters. Wilson had Hucknall's first attempt on goal just on the half-hour mark when he hit a fierce volley just over the Lynn bar. Wilson then tried to put Wiggens-Thomas away on the Hucknall right but a timely interception from Thomas snuffed out any danger to Lynn.

On 38 minutes Smith was caught in position by the Hucknall right-back Walters who did well to get in a cross from the by-line for centre forward Ricketts to head only inches over Howie's bar. When Wilson for the visitors who were now coming more into the game troubled Howie with a long free kick however the defence were back to clear up the danger.

Graham was cautioned for a foul on Ricketts who himself was then cautioned for kicking the ball away. Hucknall almost took the lead from an effort by Bacon which with Howie on the floor struck the keeper's legs with Graham then doing well to scramble a second attempt away for a corner. In truth, the first half had produced little positive action as neither side had been able to impose themselves on the game.

Half-time Lynn 0, Hucknall 0

Neither side made a change at the interval with Lynn having the first opportunity of the second half when Smith curled a left-foot attempt just wide of the near post.

At the other end, Bacon had a shooting chance for Hucknall but Howie dived to produce a good stop. When the visitors were awarded a free-kick which was taken by Wilson it was headed across the area by Ricketts causing problem in the Lynn defence before eventually Jack Defty was able to kick clear.

Next, Mark Peters found his way into referee Griffiths' notebook for a deliberate obstruction on Wilson as he attempted to break clear. For Lynn, Frew made a good run down the Lynn right flank but his cross/shot was just over Lindley's bar. Mitchell with a diagonal ball to Lake, who then put in a good ball to Jack Defty, who under pressure was unable to get in a decisive shot and it was cleared. On the hour mark a long free-kick from Lake found Smith who drove the ball into the box for Francis to put wide with a diving header. Lake was again in the action with a good ball to Frew who crossed but Walters just beat Francis to the ball with a goal at his mercy.

Wilson was then cautioned for a kicking the ball away offence. Frew got in a low cross from the byline which was almost turned into goal by Jack Defty but Meikle was on hand to block the attempt almost on the line. Hucknall now forced their third corner following a good break from Wiggins-Thomas and Ricketts which was stopped at the expense of the flagkick by Thomas.

The powerful Ricketts then won a good ball in the box which enabled Bacon to have a half-chance which was blocked before Howie had to dive to save the low cross from Ricketts to whom the ball had rebounded. Lynn replied with Francis cutting in from the left firing a right-footed shot narrowly wide of Lindley's far post.

On 68 minutes Lynn made their first substitution with Fisk replacing Mitchell. He was soon into the action with a good ball over the top to Francis but this time the winger's shot was weak.

On 75 minutes both sides made substitutions with Dwyer replacing Frew for Lynn and Baxter coming on for Wiggins-Thomas.

Just after this change Wilson hit a curler which was bound for the top corner before Howie produced a top-class save to tip the ball away for Hucknall's fourth corner which was immediately blocked for a second from which Bacon had a shot blocked.

At the other end the Lynn subs Dwyer and Fisk combined well to force a flag-kick for Lynn but again it caused no problems for the visitors' defence. Dwyer then robbed full-back Spriggs to set up Jack Defty with a shooting chance but he shot high.

On 82 minutes, Lynn made their final throw of the dice bringing on Kelly for Camm. Dwyer won a corner which Francis hit to the back post and Peters headed wide.

A final effort from Lynn saw a free-kick from Johnson which was punched away by Lindley before a curled left-foot effort from Dwyer was well held by Lindley.

Lynn had huffed and puffed but could never find a way through to beat a resolute Hucknall defence whose efforts belied their lowly league position.

Full-time: Lynn 0, Hucknall 0