Norwich City loan watch: Goals for two Canaries youngsters
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Two of Norwich City’s players scored for their loan clubs this weekend.
The Canaries connection was responsible for responsible for Telstar’s early goal in the Dutch second tier, with Daniel Adshead setting up Sebastian Soto, only for Top OSS to grab a late equaliser in the 1-1 home draw.
Converting that Adshead cross took the USA Under-20 international’s tally to three goals from four games so far this season.
Up in Scotland, winger Aidan Fitzpatrick scored as he made his first start for Championship side Queen of the South.
The 19-year-old had come on in the 32nd minute of a 2-2 draw at Morton last Tuesday, making his debut as Queens went on to win a penalty shoot-out 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Their League Cup campaign continued with a home game against Premiership club St Mirren on Saturday and Fitzpatrick played the full game, firing the hosts 2-0 up in the 13th minute after winning back possession himself, only for the visitors to claw back a 2-2 draw with a late equaliser before claiming the bonus point with a 4-2 win in the resulting shoot-out.
Back in England, midfielder Louis Thompson made his first League One start of the season and won a penalty as MK Dons equalised in the first half of a 2-1 defeat at Portsmouth, with striker Carlton Morris playing the full game for Russell Martin’s team.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
Thompson returned from injury to make his first appearance of his second spell with the Dons last Tuesday, scoring an own goal in a 3-2 win away to Stevenage in the EFL Trophy group stages, with Morris scoring his first goal of the season during that game - past former Norwich academy keeper Billy Johnson, who was in goal for the hosts.
It proved a difficult debut for Norwich keeper Archie Mair as King’s Lynn Town lost their first game of the National League season, with the newly-promoted Linnets over-run during a 5-0 defeat at Solihull Moors on Saturday. City winger Simon Power missed out with a groin injury.
Left-back Caleb Richards played the full game as Kidderminster Harriers earned their first win of the National League North campaign, 3-1 at Darlington.
Fellow defender Louis Lomas also played the full match as Slough Town suffered their first defeat of the National League South season, losing 3-1 at Dorking Wanderers.