Godbold hits back as Blues fight for share of spoils
Leyton 1, Lowestoft 1: Lowestoft returned from Leyton with a hard-earned Ryman League Division One North point on a pitch which left a lot to be desired.
Leyton 1, Lowestoft 1
Lowestoft returned from Leyton with a hard-earned Ryman League Division One North point on a pitch which left a lot to be desired.
The game started on a blazing hot afternoon and Leyton moved ahead with their first attack after four minutes.
Toran Senghore was allowed too much time and space on the edge of the Lowestoft penalty area to shoot home wide of Andy Reynolds.
You may also want to watch:
Undaunted, Lowestoft took the game to their hosts and Jamie Godbold was brought down just outside the area but Adam Smith's direct free kick was blocked by the defensive wall. Lowestoft equalised in the 15th minute when Jamie Godbold's right-wing corner was headed back into the middle where Ross King applied the finishing touch from close range.
Lowestoft continued to create the better chances with Gary McGee twice going close and keeper Elliot Justham saving a Jamie Godbold effort at the foot of the post.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 3 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 8 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
The second half was a more even affair with Tony Frazer shooting over the bar from the edge of the area.
Lowestoft should have taken the lead in the 58th minute when Gary McGee robbed Freddie Tandon 35 yards out and took the ball forward before rounding Justham but shot into the side-netting.
Reynolds saved well from Perry Burns and Justham did likewise from Craig Bussens but both sides had to be content with a point.
t Lowestoft: Reynolds, Plaskett, Smith, Woodrow, Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, King, McGee, Hunn. Subs: Poppy, Hilton,Bussens, Mitchell, Potter.
t Leyton: Justham, Falco, Freeman, Binning, Sheehan, Tandon, Burns, Rankin, Sengh-ore, Pike, Fraser. Subs: Edwards, Lewis, Oniha, Mitchell, Cosson.