Godbold hits back as Blues fight for share of spoils
Leyton 1, Lowestoft 1: Lowestoft returned from Leyton with a hard-earned Ryman League Division One North point on a pitch which left a lot to be desired.
Leyton 1, Lowestoft 1
Lowestoft returned from Leyton with a hard-earned Ryman League Division One North point on a pitch which left a lot to be desired.
The game started on a blazing hot afternoon and Leyton moved ahead with their first attack after four minutes.
Toran Senghore was allowed too much time and space on the edge of the Lowestoft penalty area to shoot home wide of Andy Reynolds.
Undaunted, Lowestoft took the game to their hosts and Jamie Godbold was brought down just outside the area but Adam Smith's direct free kick was blocked by the defensive wall. Lowestoft equalised in the 15th minute when Jamie Godbold's right-wing corner was headed back into the middle where Ross King applied the finishing touch from close range.
Lowestoft continued to create the better chances with Gary McGee twice going close and keeper Elliot Justham saving a Jamie Godbold effort at the foot of the post.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Webber maps out City transfer strategy
- 3 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 4 City fans react to controversial Webber interview
- 5 Media exclusion from Webber interview hardly 'transparent'
- 6 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 7 'The focus now has to be on where the club goes from here' - Robin Sainty
- 8 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
- 9 City more together than some think - Webber
- 10 We haven't given up on City - Fans rush to buy tickets for new season
The second half was a more even affair with Tony Frazer shooting over the bar from the edge of the area.
Lowestoft should have taken the lead in the 58th minute when Gary McGee robbed Freddie Tandon 35 yards out and took the ball forward before rounding Justham but shot into the side-netting.
Reynolds saved well from Perry Burns and Justham did likewise from Craig Bussens but both sides had to be content with a point.
t Lowestoft: Reynolds, Plaskett, Smith, Woodrow, Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, King, McGee, Hunn. Subs: Poppy, Hilton,Bussens, Mitchell, Potter.
t Leyton: Justham, Falco, Freeman, Binning, Sheehan, Tandon, Burns, Rankin, Sengh-ore, Pike, Fraser. Subs: Edwards, Lewis, Oniha, Mitchell, Cosson.