Godbold hits back as Blues fight for share of spoils
Leyton 1, Lowestoft 1: Lowestoft returned from Leyton with a hard-earned Ryman League Division One North point on a pitch which left a lot to be desired.
Leyton 1, Lowestoft 1
Lowestoft returned from Leyton with a hard-earned Ryman League Division One North point on a pitch which left a lot to be desired.
The game started on a blazing hot afternoon and Leyton moved ahead with their first attack after four minutes.
Toran Senghore was allowed too much time and space on the edge of the Lowestoft penalty area to shoot home wide of Andy Reynolds.
You may also want to watch:
Undaunted, Lowestoft took the game to their hosts and Jamie Godbold was brought down just outside the area but Adam Smith's direct free kick was blocked by the defensive wall. Lowestoft equalised in the 15th minute when Jamie Godbold's right-wing corner was headed back into the middle where Ross King applied the finishing touch from close range.
Lowestoft continued to create the better chances with Gary McGee twice going close and keeper Elliot Justham saving a Jamie Godbold effort at the foot of the post.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 8 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
The second half was a more even affair with Tony Frazer shooting over the bar from the edge of the area.
Lowestoft should have taken the lead in the 58th minute when Gary McGee robbed Freddie Tandon 35 yards out and took the ball forward before rounding Justham but shot into the side-netting.
Reynolds saved well from Perry Burns and Justham did likewise from Craig Bussens but both sides had to be content with a point.
t Lowestoft: Reynolds, Plaskett, Smith, Woodrow, Crane, Halliday, Godbold, Fisk, King, McGee, Hunn. Subs: Poppy, Hilton,Bussens, Mitchell, Potter.
t Leyton: Justham, Falco, Freeman, Binning, Sheehan, Tandon, Burns, Rankin, Sengh-ore, Pike, Fraser. Subs: Edwards, Lewis, Oniha, Mitchell, Cosson.