Good start for Kirkley & Pakefield
Kirkley & Pakefield 4, Wivenhoe 0: Kirkley and Pakefield started their season with a comfortable 4-0 victory over a hastily put together visiting side.
Kirkley & Pakefield 4, Wivenhoe 0
Kirkley and Pakefield started their season with a comfortable 4-0 victory over a hastily put together visiting side.
After Stone had hit the post on five minutes, Kirkley took the lead in the 24th via a Fox corner that squirmed across the goal line and was turned in by man of the match Chris Henderson.
Another goal from a corner via the head of Nathan Stone on 33 minutes made it 2-0 and four minutes later an own goal by Ben Lampon, from a cross by Kirkley fullback Grint, made it 3-0 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Keeper Aaron Reid brought off a string of fine second-half saves to deny the rampaging Robert Horton several times. Midway through the half centre back Ryan Amass was sent off.
Wivenhoe keeper Reid was helpless two minutes from time as Chris Henderson weaved his way into the box and blasted in his second for the afternoon to end a satisfactory days work for the Kirkley and Pakefield side.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims