Good start for Kirkley & Pakefield
Kirkley & Pakefield 4, Wivenhoe 0: Kirkley and Pakefield started their season with a comfortable 4-0 victory over a hastily put together visiting side.
Kirkley & Pakefield 4, Wivenhoe 0
Kirkley and Pakefield started their season with a comfortable 4-0 victory over a hastily put together visiting side.
After Stone had hit the post on five minutes, Kirkley took the lead in the 24th via a Fox corner that squirmed across the goal line and was turned in by man of the match Chris Henderson.
Another goal from a corner via the head of Nathan Stone on 33 minutes made it 2-0 and four minutes later an own goal by Ben Lampon, from a cross by Kirkley fullback Grint, made it 3-0 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Keeper Aaron Reid brought off a string of fine second-half saves to deny the rampaging Robert Horton several times. Midway through the half centre back Ryan Amass was sent off.
Wivenhoe keeper Reid was helpless two minutes from time as Chris Henderson weaved his way into the box and blasted in his second for the afternoon to end a satisfactory days work for the Kirkley and Pakefield side.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update