Gorleston hoping for Norfolk Senior Cup victory over young Norwich City reserve side
Action-starved local football fans could suddenly find themselves spoilt for choice as the battle for Norfolk County FA’s prime pieces of silverware hots up this weekend.
With the weather threatening to play ball for the first time this month after two weekend wipe-outs, cup fever is breaking out all over.
The Norfolk Senior Cup as ever takes pride of place as Richard Daniels and Stu Larter’s Gorleston bid to put a run of form, which has seen them fail to win a Ridgeons League Premier Division game since mid-November, behind them.
They entertain the hot young prospects of Norwich City Reserves at Emerald Park (3pm) on Saturday. The other semi-final sees Gary Howes’ underdogs Norwich St Johns – the only Anglian Combination team left in the contest – travel to the fortress-like Mundford Road ground of Mark Scott’s Thetford Town, who knocked out Ridgeons powerhouses Wroxham in the quarter-finals.
Carrow Road places are also up for grabs in the Norfolk Junior Cup semi-finals which see Catfield from the Yarmouth Saturday League travel to Anglian Combination outfit Harleston and King’s Lynn side Reffley Royals entertain Scole United from the Combination (ko 2).
In the Norfolk Primary Cup semi-finals on Saturday Yarmouth outfit Haven Bridge United entertain Scarning United and West Winch host Sedgeford in a West Norfolk affair.
The following day Sprowston Sunday host Riverside Rovers and Thetford Independents entertain Bentinck Arms in the Sunday Intermediate Cup semi-finals.
- 1 Stuart Webber opens up on Norwich City's dire season
- 2 Smith searching for a Pukki support cast
- 3 How much is Teemu Pukki worth to Norwich City?
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 5 Chris Sutton: What do City fans prefer - the Premier League or the Championship?
- 6 Aarons called up by England under-21s
- 7 Former City keeper set to leave Wolves
- 8 McLean hammer blow for Scots' World Cup bid
- 9 City legend Fleming departs Southampton coaching role
- 10 David Hannant: A barrel-scraping end of season highlight reel
The last four of the Sunday Junior Cup sees the Fowler host Schoolhouse while Chilvers travel to Temples Property.