Gorleston hoping for Norfolk Senior Cup victory over young Norwich City reserve side
Action-starved local football fans could suddenly find themselves spoilt for choice as the battle for Norfolk County FA’s prime pieces of silverware hots up this weekend.
With the weather threatening to play ball for the first time this month after two weekend wipe-outs, cup fever is breaking out all over.
The Norfolk Senior Cup as ever takes pride of place as Richard Daniels and Stu Larter’s Gorleston bid to put a run of form, which has seen them fail to win a Ridgeons League Premier Division game since mid-November, behind them.
They entertain the hot young prospects of Norwich City Reserves at Emerald Park (3pm) on Saturday. The other semi-final sees Gary Howes’ underdogs Norwich St Johns – the only Anglian Combination team left in the contest – travel to the fortress-like Mundford Road ground of Mark Scott’s Thetford Town, who knocked out Ridgeons powerhouses Wroxham in the quarter-finals.
Carrow Road places are also up for grabs in the Norfolk Junior Cup semi-finals which see Catfield from the Yarmouth Saturday League travel to Anglian Combination outfit Harleston and King’s Lynn side Reffley Royals entertain Scole United from the Combination (ko 2).
You may also want to watch:
In the Norfolk Primary Cup semi-finals on Saturday Yarmouth outfit Haven Bridge United entertain Scarning United and West Winch host Sedgeford in a West Norfolk affair.
The following day Sprowston Sunday host Riverside Rovers and Thetford Independents entertain Bentinck Arms in the Sunday Intermediate Cup semi-finals.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
The last four of the Sunday Junior Cup sees the Fowler host Schoolhouse while Chilvers travel to Temples Property.