Gorleston hoping for Norfolk Senior Cup victory over young Norwich City reserve side
Action-starved local football fans could suddenly find themselves spoilt for choice as the battle for Norfolk County FA’s prime pieces of silverware hots up this weekend.
With the weather threatening to play ball for the first time this month after two weekend wipe-outs, cup fever is breaking out all over.
The Norfolk Senior Cup as ever takes pride of place as Richard Daniels and Stu Larter’s Gorleston bid to put a run of form, which has seen them fail to win a Ridgeons League Premier Division game since mid-November, behind them.
They entertain the hot young prospects of Norwich City Reserves at Emerald Park (3pm) on Saturday. The other semi-final sees Gary Howes’ underdogs Norwich St Johns – the only Anglian Combination team left in the contest – travel to the fortress-like Mundford Road ground of Mark Scott’s Thetford Town, who knocked out Ridgeons powerhouses Wroxham in the quarter-finals.
Carrow Road places are also up for grabs in the Norfolk Junior Cup semi-finals which see Catfield from the Yarmouth Saturday League travel to Anglian Combination outfit Harleston and King’s Lynn side Reffley Royals entertain Scole United from the Combination (ko 2).
You may also want to watch:
In the Norfolk Primary Cup semi-finals on Saturday Yarmouth outfit Haven Bridge United entertain Scarning United and West Winch host Sedgeford in a West Norfolk affair.
The following day Sprowston Sunday host Riverside Rovers and Thetford Independents entertain Bentinck Arms in the Sunday Intermediate Cup semi-finals.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 6 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 7 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 8 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
The last four of the Sunday Junior Cup sees the Fowler host Schoolhouse while Chilvers travel to Temples Property.