Gorleston stay cool in heat to net winner
Gorleston Rangers Ladies made the long trek to play North Earlham Ladies in tempertures that were meant for barbecues and sunbathing not football.
Both sides were missing regular players and on this occasion Gorleston had no subs, with three girls who have been injured over last few weeks having to play the full 90 minutes where they needed 45 but the team had no choice.
North Earlham took an early lead and went in at half time 1-0 up with Gorleston playing 25 minutes with 10 players.
In the second half the girls showed their self belief and kept working, pulled level and with about 15 minutes left got the all-important winner and held on well.
Player of match this week had to go to whole team who dug deep for each other in such high temperture.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully Gorleston will be back to a full squad this week against Aylsham which will be tough game.
Gorleston Rangers Ladies are urgently seeking sponsorship. This is their first season together - they are currently top of Division Two of the Women’s and Girls’ League.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 5 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 6 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 7 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 8 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 9 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
If you are able to help it would be very much appreciated - please contact Steve on 01493 661548 and leave your number and a message.