Gorleston stay cool in heat to net winner
Gorleston Rangers Ladies made the long trek to play North Earlham Ladies in tempertures that were meant for barbecues and sunbathing not football.
Both sides were missing regular players and on this occasion Gorleston had no subs, with three girls who have been injured over last few weeks having to play the full 90 minutes where they needed 45 but the team had no choice.
North Earlham took an early lead and went in at half time 1-0 up with Gorleston playing 25 minutes with 10 players.
In the second half the girls showed their self belief and kept working, pulled level and with about 15 minutes left got the all-important winner and held on well.
Player of match this week had to go to whole team who dug deep for each other in such high temperture.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully Gorleston will be back to a full squad this week against Aylsham which will be tough game.
Gorleston Rangers Ladies are urgently seeking sponsorship. This is their first season together - they are currently top of Division Two of the Women’s and Girls’ League.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
If you are able to help it would be very much appreciated - please contact Steve on 01493 661548 and leave your number and a message.