Gorleston stay cool in heat to net winner
Gorleston Rangers Ladies made the long trek to play North Earlham Ladies in tempertures that were meant for barbecues and sunbathing not football.
Both sides were missing regular players and on this occasion Gorleston had no subs, with three girls who have been injured over last few weeks having to play the full 90 minutes where they needed 45 but the team had no choice.
North Earlham took an early lead and went in at half time 1-0 up with Gorleston playing 25 minutes with 10 players.
In the second half the girls showed their self belief and kept working, pulled level and with about 15 minutes left got the all-important winner and held on well.
Player of match this week had to go to whole team who dug deep for each other in such high temperture.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully Gorleston will be back to a full squad this week against Aylsham which will be tough game.
Gorleston Rangers Ladies are urgently seeking sponsorship. This is their first season together - they are currently top of Division Two of the Women’s and Girls’ League.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 5 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
If you are able to help it would be very much appreciated - please contact Steve on 01493 661548 and leave your number and a message.