City U23s preparing for Gorleston clash
- Credit: Tony Thrussell
Norwich City’s development squad are preparing to face another local, non-league outfit with the U23 team facing Gorleston at Emerald Park this evening.
It'll be the young Canaries' second fixture of the international break after suffering a 4-3 defeat to Dereham Town at Aldiss Park last week.
That squad contained exciting winger Aidan Fitzpatrick and midfielder William Hondermarck as City struggled with the Magpies' physicality.
It remains to be seen if there will be any first-team players present, with left-back Phillip Heise playing for the U23s in the EFL Trophy victory over Crawley Town recently.
Gorleston sit 18th in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division, although did record victory in the Norfolk Senior Cup, with a 2-0 win over Yelverton at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Now, they'll be hoping to test themselves against the Canaries, with the hope to step up preparations for a league encounter against Thetford Town on Saturday.
Supporters will be able to pay on the gate with admission priced at £4 for adults and £2 concessions with kick-off at 7.30pm.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 6 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion