Gr-eight result for Acle Ladies

Acle Utd Ladies 8, Hethersett Athletic 1

Acle United Ladies entertained Hethersett Athletic and ended up convincing winners.

The game started at a good pace the play was end to end for the first few minutes until some good defending from McGuire.

She dispossesed the attacker and played the ball back to Holl who started the first Acle attack from their own area and after passing their way through the opposition with style.

Gillet set Baker through with a defence-splitting pass who beat the keeper with ease with only eight minutes on the clock.

The second goal came only minutes later with Gillet finishing well from the edge of the box, giving the keeper no chance,

Soon after Ashman made it 3 with a good strike from a tight angle.

Most Read

Just before half time the Hethersett winger Swann was booked for a late tackle on Ashman.

The second half began with Hethersett playing some neat football and creating some good chances but couldn’t beat Holl in goal.

With 55 minutes gone Hooper managed to find the net after some lovely footwork and managed to find the net.

She doubled her tally soon after with another good strike, leaving the keeper rooted to the spot.

The Hethersett keeper got injured trying to save a shot from Baker which re-bounded out to Ashman who rifled home, she was replaced by the centre forward who looked dangerous on the attack which left Hethersett down to 10 players and a bit easier for defenders Nethersell, McGuire, Anderson and skipper Emmerson.

Simmons had a good effort saved by the stand-in keeper but Baker was on hand to tap in the loose ball for her second of the match.

Simmons’ work was rewarded when she finished well from outside the box Hethersett were rewarded for their hard work and never say die performance when they seemed to lose concentration and Waters rounded the keeper and finished well from a difficult angle.

It must be said that Acle played some of their best football to date, passing the ball quickly around the park and they played with real confidence all round and fully deserved their win.

The game was well refereed by Tim Sadler who let the game flow whenever possible.