Gr-eight win for Aylsham keeps them top
Aylsham Ladies continued their league campaign on Sunday at Stalham, winning 8-0.
An excellent performance by all reflected in the convincing scoreline, leaving Aylsham at the top of the table.
Aylsham made the better start to the game, immediately taking control and passing the ball about well.
The pressure soon resulted in a goal as Georgie Bobbin headed accurately from a corner into the Stalham net.
This lead was doubled when Gina Atherton managed to find space in the box to slot the ball home.
The whole Aylsham team were on top form, the defence were solid with pinpoint accuracy in tackles from Shaz Bunn, the midfield working hard creating chances and strikers regularly bearing down on the Stalham goal.
There was time for one more goal before half-time; Amber Roberts put the ball into the back of the net after an excellent free-kick from Abby Timmins.
- 1 Smith on daunting December for City
- 2 Six things you might have missed from City's draw at Newcastle
- 3 New roles for ex-City defender and former goalkeeper coach
- 4 Grealish on special relationship with City chief Smith
- 5 Best is yet to come from Rashica
- 6 David Hannant: Loan rangers starting to prove me wrong
- 7 'We're bitterly disappointed' - Jamal Lewis on City draw
- 8 Connor Southwell: Player ratings after Newcastle 1-1 Canaries
- 9 Not good enough - Smith's brutal verdict after Magpies point
- 10 Young Canaries knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Stoke
The score at half-time was 3-0 to Aylsham.
The second half continued in the same manner with Aylsham dominating the play, much to the frustration of Stalham.
Sam Ede, the Aylsham goalie, was very rarely troubled.
Abby Timmins then got herself on the scoresheet after curling a superb shot in from outside the box. Goal number five came from a corner and once more Georgie Bobbin met the ball strongly with her head to score again.
Gina Atherton then scored two quick goals after she ran on to balls threaded through by the midfield to complete her hat-trick. There was time for one more goal when Annie Smith beat the goalie at close range.
Thanks to linesman Ash Hunton and team sponsors Aylsham Computers.
Team: Sam Ede, Shaz Bunn, Flick Farraway (captain), Emma Gillespie, Debbie Kelly, Di England, Michaela England, Amber Roberts, Abby Timmins (player/manager), Georgie Bobbin, Annie Smith, Gina Atherton.