Gr-eight win for Aylsham keeps them top
Aylsham Ladies continued their league campaign on Sunday at Stalham, winning 8-0.
An excellent performance by all reflected in the convincing scoreline, leaving Aylsham at the top of the table.
Aylsham made the better start to the game, immediately taking control and passing the ball about well.
The pressure soon resulted in a goal as Georgie Bobbin headed accurately from a corner into the Stalham net.
This lead was doubled when Gina Atherton managed to find space in the box to slot the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
The whole Aylsham team were on top form, the defence were solid with pinpoint accuracy in tackles from Shaz Bunn, the midfield working hard creating chances and strikers regularly bearing down on the Stalham goal.
There was time for one more goal before half-time; Amber Roberts put the ball into the back of the net after an excellent free-kick from Abby Timmins.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
The score at half-time was 3-0 to Aylsham.
The second half continued in the same manner with Aylsham dominating the play, much to the frustration of Stalham.
Sam Ede, the Aylsham goalie, was very rarely troubled.
Abby Timmins then got herself on the scoresheet after curling a superb shot in from outside the box. Goal number five came from a corner and once more Georgie Bobbin met the ball strongly with her head to score again.
Gina Atherton then scored two quick goals after she ran on to balls threaded through by the midfield to complete her hat-trick. There was time for one more goal when Annie Smith beat the goalie at close range.
Thanks to linesman Ash Hunton and team sponsors Aylsham Computers.
Team: Sam Ede, Shaz Bunn, Flick Farraway (captain), Emma Gillespie, Debbie Kelly, Di England, Michaela England, Amber Roberts, Abby Timmins (player/manager), Georgie Bobbin, Annie Smith, Gina Atherton.