Gr-eight win for Norwich City Girls
Norwich City Girls U12 for the first time this season had to overcome sickness and unavailability for their visit to Colt Jags.
With the manager also away with the U10 side, assistant Matthew took control.
Any concerns were quickly banished with an early goal and with goals being scored at regular intervals throughout the game Norwich Girls had a comfortable 8-0 victory (Rachel 3, Emily 4 and a debut goal from Beth C).
At the Christmas break the girls had played eight, won six and lost two and are through to the semi-finals of the League Cup. With 14 league games still to play they will have a busy 2011.
Norwich City Girls U10 visited Swanton with only the seven players and no subs. Norwich had numerous chances but could not find a way past the Swanton goalkeeper and went in at half time 0-0.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich eventually took the lead midway through the second half with a fine strike from Robyn. However, they could not hold on and two quick goals in reply from Swanton resulted in an unlucky 2-1 defeat.
The U10’s will also have a busy 2011 with 14 league games still to play, having only played two.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 3 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 8 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 9 Watford wanted to stop promoted City enjoying 'showcase game'
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push