Grady aims to stop the Saints from marching on
Ben Casey It's tight at the top of Division 2B of the ENNSL where the three top teams are all on 32 points. Two of those sides meet this weekend in a proverbial "six pointer" when St Faiths entertain Acle Rangers Res, whose manager Neil Grady has never been able to field a settled side due to first team call-ups.
It's tight at the top of Division 2B of the ENNSL where the three top teams are all on 32 points.
Two of those sides meet this weekend in a proverbial "six pointer" when St Faiths entertain Acle Rangers Res, whose manager Neil Grady has never been able to field a settled side due to first team call-ups. He said that Paul Gray has been the standout player recently.
Grady said the next few weeks will be interesting as they play leaders Old Catton and have a return with St Faiths a couple of weeks later. Last season's 3B champions St Faiths come into the game after producing a remarkable comeback from 3-0 down against Spixworth Sunday last week to win 4-3, scoring four times in the final 30 minutes, long-serving Leon Medley scoring twice. Secretary Richard Day said: "The season has gone better than I had hoped, and under the guidance of Martin Butcher, we have a great chance of winning the league. I am confident we will do it. Allan Kennedy, our top scorer for the last two seasons is on form, and we know that four wins and a draw from our last five games will bring us the title."
You may also want to watch:
Other games to look for this week see a dress rehearsal for the Sunday Senior Cup final as Dog House entertain AFC Wanderers and Aslacton and Reepham Town, two sides with a great chance of the 2A title meet at Griffin Park.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley