Grant - Contract talks are 'positive'
On-going contract talks at Carrow Road have been positive, according to manager Peter Grant.More than a dozen contracts are up for renegotiation, including those of skipper Adam Drury and wing man Darren Huckerby.
On-going contract talks at Carrow Road have been positive, according to manager Peter Grant.
More than a dozen contracts are up for renegotiation, including those of skipper Adam Drury and wing man Darren Huckerby.
Talks have opened, with Grant happy with the initial responses.
“The talks are going on, but they seem to be more positive than negative, which is always a good sign,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“The biggest thing for me is the first reaction, not financially but do they want to be here. And that's a feeling I've had from every one of them, so that's been massive for me.
“You can tell when somebody is just saying it for the sake of an extra few shillings. I genuinely feel with these boys that they desperately want to be here and I definitely feel we can achieve something here with a few additions.
- 1 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 2 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 3 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 5 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 6 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 Farke's personal message to City fans
“That is a massive thing for me and it is great to have boys here who want to play here.
“That's why with Jamie (Ashdown), as soon as there was a little bit of doubt in his mind I cut it. As soon as there was a doubt then he could go back, because I only want people who are 100pc behind what I'm trying to do.”