Determined full debut from Grant Hanley during City’s 2-0 home defeat to Wolves
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Scotland international centre-back Grant Hanley was the focus of our latest Norwich City player watch, as he made his full debut during the Canaries’ 2-0 defeat to Wolves at Carrow Road.
9 – Dives in to beat Ivan Cavaleiro to the ball on the edge of the City box and survives calls for a foul, gets enough of the ball.
10 – The Scot keeps pace with Diogo Jota and goes over as they go shoulder to shoulder, gets the decision from the referee but had done enough to see the ball out of play anyway.
18 – Heads away a Cavaleiro cross from the right as far as Ruben Neves on the edge of the box and Angus Gunn makes a fine save. Willy Boly rises above Timm Klose to nod in the resulting corner from Barry Douglas and give Wolves the lead.
33 – Screams at Husband to clear his lines after another attack is scrambled clear.
You may also want to watch:
34 – Heads clear a Cavaleiro cross from the right and the follow-up shot from Neves.
38 – Misses tackle on Jota on the edge of the box but Klose blocks Leo Bonatini’s shot.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 "He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed with Norwich
- 10 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
42 – Superb shimmy and shot from James Maddison but loops up and Hanley is offside in the Wolves area.
43 – Steps up to beat Jota on halfway but Cavaleiro picks up the ball and Jota breaks, Hanley charges back and Ivo Pinto is across to make the vital challenge.
46 – Misses Cavaleiro’s cross from the right but Bonatini can’t control.
65 – Forward for long throw from the left from Marco Stiepermann but can’t quite make proper contact with header. Moves to the right of a back three as Christoph Zimmermann comes on.
80 – Good interception to prevent substitute Bright Enobakhare going clean through into the box.
89 – Refuses to be outmuscled by Enobakhare and they both clatter into the ad hoardings.
90 – Enobakhare turns Zimmermann but Hanley somehow finds the energy to get back and deny a third goal, a touch of cramp afterwards.
Verdict: Kept going, didn’t do too much wrong and handled switch to three at the back well enough, with a superb late block. Wolves were just the better team, all over the pitch.
Rating: 7 out of 10