Determined full debut from Grant Hanley during City’s 2-0 home defeat to Wolves
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Scotland international centre-back Grant Hanley was the focus of our latest Norwich City player watch, as he made his full debut during the Canaries’ 2-0 defeat to Wolves at Carrow Road.
9 – Dives in to beat Ivan Cavaleiro to the ball on the edge of the City box and survives calls for a foul, gets enough of the ball.
10 – The Scot keeps pace with Diogo Jota and goes over as they go shoulder to shoulder, gets the decision from the referee but had done enough to see the ball out of play anyway.
18 – Heads away a Cavaleiro cross from the right as far as Ruben Neves on the edge of the box and Angus Gunn makes a fine save. Willy Boly rises above Timm Klose to nod in the resulting corner from Barry Douglas and give Wolves the lead.
33 – Screams at Husband to clear his lines after another attack is scrambled clear.
You may also want to watch:
34 – Heads clear a Cavaleiro cross from the right and the follow-up shot from Neves.
38 – Misses tackle on Jota on the edge of the box but Klose blocks Leo Bonatini’s shot.
- 1 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 2 Fans return: 2,000 supporters WILL be permitted to attend matches at Carrow Road as Norwich placed in Tier 2
- 3 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 4 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 5 Blows for Hugill, McLean and Cantwell as injury crisis deepens for City ahead of trip to Stoke
- 6 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 7 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 8 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
- 9 Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 3-2 Championship victory at Stoke City
- 10 Welcome to our new website
42 – Superb shimmy and shot from James Maddison but loops up and Hanley is offside in the Wolves area.
43 – Steps up to beat Jota on halfway but Cavaleiro picks up the ball and Jota breaks, Hanley charges back and Ivo Pinto is across to make the vital challenge.
46 – Misses Cavaleiro’s cross from the right but Bonatini can’t control.
65 – Forward for long throw from the left from Marco Stiepermann but can’t quite make proper contact with header. Moves to the right of a back three as Christoph Zimmermann comes on.
80 – Good interception to prevent substitute Bright Enobakhare going clean through into the box.
89 – Refuses to be outmuscled by Enobakhare and they both clatter into the ad hoardings.
90 – Enobakhare turns Zimmermann but Hanley somehow finds the energy to get back and deny a third goal, a touch of cramp afterwards.
Verdict: Kept going, didn’t do too much wrong and handled switch to three at the back well enough, with a superb late block. Wolves were just the better team, all over the pitch.
Rating: 7 out of 10