Grant Holt and Simon Lappin on the bench for King’s Lynn Town’s clash with Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Town boss Ian Culverhouse has named star signings Grant Holt and Simon Lappin on the bench for this evening’s Southern Premier Division clash with Hitchin Town.
The former Norwich City stars were unveiled as new signings at The Walks yesterday, joining until the end of the season and taking on some coaching responsibilities.
Burly striker Holt, 36, spent last season at Hibernian and versatile left-side player Lappin, 34, played a handful of games in the National League for York City before rupturing an Achilles tendon in February.
Lynn are fourth in the Southern Premier after seven wins and a draw from their opening 10 matches, slipping to just their second defeat in a 3-1 loss at Weymouth on Saturday.
Hitchin, aptly nicknamed the Canaries, are 13th but won 4-0 at home to Stratford in the weekend and also beat the Linnets 5-0 in Hertfordshire as Culverhouse’s reign got off to a nightmare start back in February.
You may also want to watch:
King’s Lynn: Street; Gaughran, Fryatt, Ward; Norman, Jarvis, Clunan (C), Hawkins, Blake-Tracy; Parker; Gash. Subs: Siddons, Lappin, Holt, McQuaid
Hitchin: Johnson, Cotter, Walster, Rolfe, Dowie, Bickerstaff (C), Kirkpatrick, Smith Vincent, Bailey, McNamara. Subs: Donnelly, Green, Charles, Tshikala, Bennett.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 City hold talks with Nyland
- 10 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
• Check back to this website for a report at full-time