Grasshoppers' joy, and youth notes
LODDON GRASSHOPPERS U16 have reached the final of the John Savage County Cup. The boys ,who all attend the Hobart High School, survived a difficult run up to the semi-final including three away fixtures to teams in the King's Lynn area, but eventually they received a home fixture in the semis against Thorpe Rovers.
LODDON GRASSHOPPERS U16 have reached the final of the John Savage County Cup.
The boys ,who all attend the Hobart High School, survived a difficult run up to the semi-final including three away fixtures to teams in the King's Lynn area, but eventually they received a home fixture in the semis against Thorpe Rovers. Loddon went ahead early in the first half and half time saw the boys going in with a 3-1 lead.
Both teams came out fighting in the second half with Thorpe scoring their second goal.
The Loddon team spirit came to the front and the spectators were privileged to see some superb football from the Loddon boys who kept their discipline throughout, Thorpe receiving six yellow cards and being forced to watch Loddon go close twice.
You may also want to watch:
Seven minutes from time Loddon scored their fourth goal.
They now face Sprowston in the final.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
Many thanks to all the spectators for their support.
LODDON GRASSHOPPERS U16 travelled to Caister and after a slow start went a goal down until the captain John Riches scored a stunning equaliser to see the half-time score at 1-1. Loddon came out for the second half for Ali Harrison to score a stunning strike from 30 yards for Loddon to take the lead. Ali scored two further goals for his first hat-trick for his club, and Shane Smith netted the remaining two goals to see Loddon win 6-1.
WASPS U12A put in a great performance against Hempnall despite missing two key players. Callum, Will, Steven and Cieran were outstanding in midfield. Regin and Olly never stopped chasing whilst the defence fully deserved another clean sheet. The match was settled just before half-time when George ran onto a fine ball from Olly and rounded the keeper before slotting home. Wasps dominated the match to win 1-0.