Grasshoppers' joy, and youth notes
LODDON GRASSHOPPERS U16 have reached the final of the John Savage County Cup. The boys ,who all attend the Hobart High School, survived a difficult run up to the semi-final including three away fixtures to teams in the King's Lynn area, but eventually they received a home fixture in the semis against Thorpe Rovers.
LODDON GRASSHOPPERS U16 have reached the final of the John Savage County Cup.
The boys ,who all attend the Hobart High School, survived a difficult run up to the semi-final including three away fixtures to teams in the King's Lynn area, but eventually they received a home fixture in the semis against Thorpe Rovers. Loddon went ahead early in the first half and half time saw the boys going in with a 3-1 lead.
Both teams came out fighting in the second half with Thorpe scoring their second goal.
The Loddon team spirit came to the front and the spectators were privileged to see some superb football from the Loddon boys who kept their discipline throughout, Thorpe receiving six yellow cards and being forced to watch Loddon go close twice.
Seven minutes from time Loddon scored their fourth goal.
They now face Sprowston in the final.
- 1 Cantwell set for City return after Bournemouth reject buy option
- 2 City confirm released list with Lukas Rupp to depart
- 3 PRESSER: Norwich City v Spurs - Gilmour and Gibson major doubts
- 4 City old boy Martin rebuffed job interest amid Watford reports
- 5 'Why are the disillusioned leaving their calling card by way of an empty seat?'
- 6 'Not true' - Smith dismisses links to West Brom's Kipre
- 7 'They've handled this badly but I'm glad Teemu won' - fans react to Pukki POTS award
- 8 'There’s so much about the Premier League that I won’t miss'
- 9 'No refund' warning to Spurs fans trying to sneak into home end
- 10 Canaries on the right track with Dean Smith, insists Zimmermann
Many thanks to all the spectators for their support.
LODDON GRASSHOPPERS U16 travelled to Caister and after a slow start went a goal down until the captain John Riches scored a stunning equaliser to see the half-time score at 1-1. Loddon came out for the second half for Ali Harrison to score a stunning strike from 30 yards for Loddon to take the lead. Ali scored two further goals for his first hat-trick for his club, and Shane Smith netted the remaining two goals to see Loddon win 6-1.
WASPS U12A put in a great performance against Hempnall despite missing two key players. Callum, Will, Steven and Cieran were outstanding in midfield. Regin and Olly never stopped chasing whilst the defence fully deserved another clean sheet. The match was settled just before half-time when George ran onto a fine ball from Olly and rounded the keeper before slotting home. Wasps dominated the match to win 1-0.