Gray hits hat-trick on night full of goals
ANGLIAN COMBINATION: The season opened on Tuesday night, with plenty of goals. In the Premier Division, Cromer Town beat Acle United 2-0, with goals from Matthew Eves and David Harwood.
The season opened on Tuesday night, with plenty of goals. In the Premier Division, Cromer Town beat Acle United 2-0, with goals from Matthew Eves and David Harwood.
A Scott Gray hat-trick gave Hindringham a 3-1 win over Holt United, Kevin Moore getting the other. Hempnall and Blofield United had a close game but Adam Solley scored the only goal to win the match for Hempnall. Chris Holmes and Kristian Gleave scored for Sheringham but North Walsham Town won 3-2 through Robert Grand and David Hinton.
For their first match under their new name, AFC Norwich travelled to neighbours Sprowston Athletic and neither team managed to score.
Dersingham Rovers travelled to Watton United and came away with the points, winning 2-1 with goals from Cameron Copeland and Adam Seal, and Kevin Bloomfield replying. Steven Harley scored the winner for Wroxham Res against Brandon Town.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, Attleborough Town scored the most, beating Wymondham Town 7-0, with a hat-trick from Ollie Ramsbottom and other goals from Tom Clarke, Philip King, Andy Cunningham and David Greenwood. Newly promoted Caister lost 5-0 at home to Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves, scorers Paul Highfield (3), Bodie Carter and Wayne Twomlow.
Corton also won 5-0 away to Sole Bay. Stalham Town lost 4-0 at home to St Andrews, Matthew Pilgrim getting two, Tom Balls and Leon Brock getting the others.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 8 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
The other two promoted teams had mixed results, Bungay Town lost 2-1 at Long Stratton with goals from Shaun Moss, James Barnes and Cai King replying.
But Horsford United had a good 3-0 win at Wells Town with goals from Scott McKinney, Owen Van Der Hoeven and Jason Buck. Gary Starling and Jason Knight scored for Mattishall but drew 2-2 with Gayton United.
In Division Two, Beccles Caxton started well with a 3-1 win over Oulton Broad and Notleys. Reepham Town lost 3-2 at home to Fakenham Town Reserves, who hope to bounce back again this season. Newly promoted Norwich CEYMS lost 2-0 to Norwich St Johns.
West Lynn SSC beat local rivals Dowham Town Res 2-1. Hellesdon beat Anglian Windows 3-0. Poringland Wanderers travelled to Wortwell and also won 3-0.
Aylsham have changed their name this year, dropping the Wanderers, they had a good 5-0 win over Cromer Town Reserves and hopefully this will be the start of their revival. Bradenham and East Harling both had 2-0 wins and Swaffham Town Reserves drew 2-2 with Mundford.
A couple of other matches, Easton beat South Walsham 3-0 and Thorpe Village Reserves beat Scole United Reserves 2-0.
Next Saturday sees the first round of all the Knock-Out Cups.