“Great business so far” – Norwich City fans welcome third new signing as midfielder Mario Vrancic is unveiled
- Credit: DPA/PA Images
More early off-season business has been welcomed by Norwich City fans following the signing of midfielder Mario Vrancic from German side Darmstadt.
The 28-year-old Bosnia & Herzegovina international joins following Darrmstadt’s relegation from the Bundesliga, which reportedly triggered a £650,000 relegation release clause.
Vrancic becomes the third signing to be confirmed by the Canaries since new head coach Daniel Farke arrived just over two weeks ago.
Barnsley forward Marley Watkins was announced soon after the German’s appointment, agreeing to join on a three-year deal when he becomes a free agent at the end of June, as had been expected.
The second signing followed earlier this week when Manchester City goalkeeper Angus Gunn returned to his home county to follow in the footsteps of his father, Canaries legend Bryan Gunn, on a season-long loan deal.
You may also want to watch:
Vrancic’s unveiling yesterday has taken that tally to three for Farke and sporting director Stuart Webber, as they begin their revamp of the Canaries squad, which saw seven senior players including goalkeeper John Ruddy and defender Ryan Bennett told their contracts would not be renewed.
See some of the reaction to Vrancic’s signing above.
- 1 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 4 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 5 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 6 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 7 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 8 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can Norwich City complete the double over Cardiff?
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 'Three Lungs' back in business