“Great business so far” – Norwich City fans welcome third new signing as midfielder Mario Vrancic is unveiled
- Credit: DPA/PA Images
More early off-season business has been welcomed by Norwich City fans following the signing of midfielder Mario Vrancic from German side Darmstadt.
The 28-year-old Bosnia & Herzegovina international joins following Darrmstadt’s relegation from the Bundesliga, which reportedly triggered a £650,000 relegation release clause.
Vrancic becomes the third signing to be confirmed by the Canaries since new head coach Daniel Farke arrived just over two weeks ago.
Barnsley forward Marley Watkins was announced soon after the German’s appointment, agreeing to join on a three-year deal when he becomes a free agent at the end of June, as had been expected.
The second signing followed earlier this week when Manchester City goalkeeper Angus Gunn returned to his home county to follow in the footsteps of his father, Canaries legend Bryan Gunn, on a season-long loan deal.
You may also want to watch:
Vrancic’s unveiling yesterday has taken that tally to three for Farke and sporting director Stuart Webber, as they begin their revamp of the Canaries squad, which saw seven senior players including goalkeeper John Ruddy and defender Ryan Bennett told their contracts would not be renewed.
See some of the reaction to Vrancic’s signing above.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 6 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 7 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 10 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer