Grounds rejoins the Canaries
Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Grounds has rejoined Norwich City on a two-month emergency loan.Grounds initially linked up with the Canaries in September but was recalled by the Premier League side due to a player shortage.
Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Grounds has rejoined Norwich City on a two-month emergency loan.
Grounds initially linked up with the Canaries in September but was recalled by the Premier League side due to a player shortage.
He will stay at Carrow Road until March 7 although Boro will have a 24-hour recall after the first 28 days of the loan.
City manager Glenn Roeder told the club website: “I'm absolutely delighted to be able to tell our supporters that we've managed to get Jonathan Grounds back to Carrow Road for the next couple of months.
You may also want to watch:
“It's a position that we've known we've needed to fill, with Gary Doherty being the only fit, natural centre-back currently at the club. Jonathan did extremely well with us prior to Christmas and we know what we're getting - an exceptional player and an exceptional character.”
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 4 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level