Grounds rejoins the Canaries
Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Grounds has rejoined Norwich City on a two-month emergency loan.Grounds initially linked up with the Canaries in September but was recalled by the Premier League side due to a player shortage.
Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Grounds has rejoined Norwich City on a two-month emergency loan.
Grounds initially linked up with the Canaries in September but was recalled by the Premier League side due to a player shortage.
He will stay at Carrow Road until March 7 although Boro will have a 24-hour recall after the first 28 days of the loan.
City manager Glenn Roeder told the club website: “I'm absolutely delighted to be able to tell our supporters that we've managed to get Jonathan Grounds back to Carrow Road for the next couple of months.
You may also want to watch:
“It's a position that we've known we've needed to fill, with Gary Doherty being the only fit, natural centre-back currently at the club. Jonathan did extremely well with us prior to Christmas and we know what we're getting - an exceptional player and an exceptional character.”
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 8 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media