Grounds rejoins the Canaries
Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Grounds has rejoined Norwich City on a two-month emergency loan.Grounds initially linked up with the Canaries in September but was recalled by the Premier League side due to a player shortage.
Middlesbrough defender Jonathan Grounds has rejoined Norwich City on a two-month emergency loan.
Grounds initially linked up with the Canaries in September but was recalled by the Premier League side due to a player shortage.
He will stay at Carrow Road until March 7 although Boro will have a 24-hour recall after the first 28 days of the loan.
City manager Glenn Roeder told the club website: “I'm absolutely delighted to be able to tell our supporters that we've managed to get Jonathan Grounds back to Carrow Road for the next couple of months.
You may also want to watch:
“It's a position that we've known we've needed to fill, with Gary Doherty being the only fit, natural centre-back currently at the club. Jonathan did extremely well with us prior to Christmas and we know what we're getting - an exceptional player and an exceptional character.”
- 1 Farke's take on Krul and Pukki body blows
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 3 Former City keeper signs for Coventry ahead of Carrow Road clash
- 4 Casualty list at City is one for the fiction writers
- 5 Matchday Live: City trying to extend unbeaten run to 10 games as they face Coventry
- 6 Webber believes City will be better prepared for top flight if promotion can be secured
- 7 Main man Tettey has still got it
- 8 Get behind McGovern urges Farke
- 9 Late McCracken penalty save ensures City U23s draw with Burnley
- 10 Decade of East Anglian Derby dominance for Canaries