Grove start their cup defence
This week’s “One to Watch” is in the first round of this season’s League Cup, where holders The Grove travel to Aylsham Sunday.
“It’s a tough start and by all accounts they’re a pretty useful outfit,” said Grove manager Steve Greening, whose side are determined to retain the trophy they won last season.
“It was our first piece of serious silverware and proved that when are focused and on our game we are a match for anyone.”
Aylsham boss Rod Adams is under no illusions that his side are in for a tough tie.
“Games against The Grove are always hard as they usually have some very good players,” said Adams.
About 12 of the Aylsham side are products of the youth team and Adams said that his boys, who are second in Division One B, are really looking forward to testing themselves against the holders.
“We’re not getting carried away with our league position, but hopefully we can give the holders a run for their money.”
- 1 Cantwell set for City return after Bournemouth reject buy option
- 2 City confirm released list with Lukas Rupp to depart
- 3 PRESSER: Norwich City v Spurs - Gilmour and Gibson major doubts
- 4 City old boy Martin rebuffed job interest amid Watford reports
- 5 'Why are the disillusioned leaving their calling card by way of an empty seat?'
- 6 'There’s so much about the Premier League that I won’t miss'
- 7 'Not true' - Smith dismisses links to West Brom's Kipre
- 8 'They've handled this badly but I'm glad Teemu won' - fans react to Pukki POTS award
- 9 'No refund' warning to Spurs fans trying to sneak into home end
- 10 Canaries on the right track with Dean Smith, insists Zimmermann
• The game is on Sunday at Aylsham Rec, kick off 10.30am.