Grove start their cup defence
This week’s “One to Watch” is in the first round of this season’s League Cup, where holders The Grove travel to Aylsham Sunday.
“It’s a tough start and by all accounts they’re a pretty useful outfit,” said Grove manager Steve Greening, whose side are determined to retain the trophy they won last season.
“It was our first piece of serious silverware and proved that when are focused and on our game we are a match for anyone.”
Aylsham boss Rod Adams is under no illusions that his side are in for a tough tie.
“Games against The Grove are always hard as they usually have some very good players,” said Adams.
You may also want to watch:
About 12 of the Aylsham side are products of the youth team and Adams said that his boys, who are second in Division One B, are really looking forward to testing themselves against the holders.
“We’re not getting carried away with our league position, but hopefully we can give the holders a run for their money.”
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 8 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 10 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
• The game is on Sunday at Aylsham Rec, kick off 10.30am.