Grove start their cup defence
This week’s “One to Watch” is in the first round of this season’s League Cup, where holders The Grove travel to Aylsham Sunday.
“It’s a tough start and by all accounts they’re a pretty useful outfit,” said Grove manager Steve Greening, whose side are determined to retain the trophy they won last season.
“It was our first piece of serious silverware and proved that when are focused and on our game we are a match for anyone.”
Aylsham boss Rod Adams is under no illusions that his side are in for a tough tie.
“Games against The Grove are always hard as they usually have some very good players,” said Adams.
You may also want to watch:
About 12 of the Aylsham side are products of the youth team and Adams said that his boys, who are second in Division One B, are really looking forward to testing themselves against the holders.
“We’re not getting carried away with our league position, but hopefully we can give the holders a run for their money.”
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 8 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 9 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 10 Farke's personal message to City fans
• The game is on Sunday at Aylsham Rec, kick off 10.30am.