Grove take adavntage of cups to increase lead
With many clubs competing in the county cup competitions, The Grove made the most of the opportunity to increase their lead at the top of the Premier Division with a 3-0 win at Reepham Town. Craig Clarke, Lloyd Greening and a Sam Mallett penalty were the scorers.
Three games took place in 1A and, despite losing their 100% record, the Fiveways secretary described his side’s 2-2 draw with Windmill Wanderers as a cracking game of football. North Walsham are in fourth spot after a 6-3 win at The Otter, and a single goal was enough to give Norman Wanderers a win at Aslacton.
The only game in 1B saw a good win for Sprowston Wanderers, 2-0 at Haig FC, a victory that sees the visitors move up to third place.
In 2A, leaders Hockering won 4-1 at bottom side Stoke, whilst in 3A, there was a point each for Newsman Celtic and Norman Wanderers A as they drew 1-1.
The solitary game in 3B saw Bell Inn get back to winning ways as they won 3-2 at Aylsham Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
In 4A, Bungay Town hammered Manor Park, scoring fifteen without reply, whilst Eaton Young Boys had a 2-1 home win over Earlham Colney.
James Tubb and Tom Frost were on target as Drayton moved up to second place in 4B after beating Wendene Wanderers 2-0. Dilham Cross Keys are right on their heels though after a 4-1 victory (Jonathan Lamb 2, Steven Gigli and Daniel Duffield) over Hethersett Reserves and well done to Costessey Sports Reserves who gained their first points of the season by beating Spixworth Reserves 3-0.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 9 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 10 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
In the county cups, there were wins in the Senior for Hellesdon Athletic, Earlham United, Acle Rangers, Rose Tavern, AFC Wanderers, Dog House and Norfolk CCSC. The games between Marlborough and Norwich Busmen and Bayer against St Faiths ended all square after 120 minutes and will be replayed next Sunday.
The Intermediate Cup saw victories for, Briston Wanderers, DCS Rapid, Deopham, Mad Moose, The Griffen, Sprowston Sunday, Riverside Rovers, Sporting Longdale, Salhouse Rovers, The Gordon, Taverham United, Freethorpe, Sporting Farmhouse, Hellesdon Athletic Reserves, Green Man, Constable Crusaders and One Love United.
The Junior Cup provided wins for Schoolhouse FC, William Wanderers, Temples Property, Whiterose United and Salhouse Rovers Reserves.