Gunn's message for John Hartson
Bryan Gunn has sent a get well message to one-time Canaries striker John Hartson, who is battling cancer.Hartson, 34, who played six games for City on loan from West Brom in 2007, has been diagnosed with testicular cancer, which has now spread to his brain.
Bryan Gunn has sent a get well message to one-time Canaries striker John Hartson, who is battling cancer.
Hartson, 34, who played six games for City on loan from West Brom in 2007, has been diagnosed with testicular cancer, which has now spread to his brain.
“I was absolutely devastated and shocked last night when I heard the news,” said Gunn.
“I sent John a text on behalf of everyone at Norwich City Football Club. He is a lovely lad and to have something like that happen to him so early in his life is devastating.
You may also want to watch:
“But as I said to him, he is a battler, he is a fighter and it's a fight he can win. We send all the best wishes from the players and the staff and I am sure the fans of Norwich City. Although he only spent a short period with us I think he made an impression with us and we wish him all the best.”
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 7 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain