Gunn's message for John Hartson
Bryan Gunn has sent a get well message to one-time Canaries striker John Hartson, who is battling cancer.Hartson, 34, who played six games for City on loan from West Brom in 2007, has been diagnosed with testicular cancer, which has now spread to his brain.
Bryan Gunn has sent a get well message to one-time Canaries striker John Hartson, who is battling cancer.
Hartson, 34, who played six games for City on loan from West Brom in 2007, has been diagnosed with testicular cancer, which has now spread to his brain.
“I was absolutely devastated and shocked last night when I heard the news,” said Gunn.
“I sent John a text on behalf of everyone at Norwich City Football Club. He is a lovely lad and to have something like that happen to him so early in his life is devastating.
You may also want to watch:
“But as I said to him, he is a battler, he is a fighter and it's a fight he can win. We send all the best wishes from the players and the staff and I am sure the fans of Norwich City. Although he only spent a short period with us I think he made an impression with us and we wish him all the best.”
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes