Gunn's message for John Hartson
Bryan Gunn has sent a get well message to one-time Canaries striker John Hartson, who is battling cancer.Hartson, 34, who played six games for City on loan from West Brom in 2007, has been diagnosed with testicular cancer, which has now spread to his brain.
Bryan Gunn has sent a get well message to one-time Canaries striker John Hartson, who is battling cancer.
Hartson, 34, who played six games for City on loan from West Brom in 2007, has been diagnosed with testicular cancer, which has now spread to his brain.
“I was absolutely devastated and shocked last night when I heard the news,” said Gunn.
“I sent John a text on behalf of everyone at Norwich City Football Club. He is a lovely lad and to have something like that happen to him so early in his life is devastating.
You may also want to watch:
“But as I said to him, he is a battler, he is a fighter and it's a fight he can win. We send all the best wishes from the players and the staff and I am sure the fans of Norwich City. Although he only spent a short period with us I think he made an impression with us and we wish him all the best.”
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 2 'A gem. A manager's dream' - Onel in Warnock's good books
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and his roll of the dice at City
- 4 City earn respect from Seagulls' chief Potter
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 6 'Josh is the most disappointed guy in the dressing room' - Farke on fluffed chance
- 7 Aarons backs City striker to recover after 'frustrating' Brighton draw
- 8 Positives for Canaries striker Sargent to focus on after wasting golden chances
- 9 'Two points dropped' - Fans felt City deserved more from Brighton clash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star