Hall bangs in four as Schoolhouse go top of table in Norwich Sunday League
- Credit: PA
Schoolhouse took centre stage on a day when county cup competitions meant a limited Norwich Sunday League programme.
After losing a three-goal lead to only draw at Horsford United the previous week, Schoolhouse were in no mood to drop points again and, unfortunately for Dilham Cross Keys, they were the team on the receiving end as Chris Hall hit four of the home side’s nine goals to go top of the table.
DE FC completed a quick league double by scoring six (Xavier Huckle 3, Fionn Goodwin-Wright, Ashley Davies, Darrell Wigger) of the nine goals in their return fixture with Trimingham Pilgrims. A late Lewis Preston goal gave Poringland Wanderers a point in a 3-3 draw at home to Riverside Rovers.
Hewett OBs were given an indication how tight Division One will be this season when they were beaten 2-1 at home by The Middle Green, whose goals came from Adam Brown and Daryl Puttock.
The only game in Division Two saw Barracks FC take a point in a 1-1 draw with Vale Longo. Przemyslaw Ptak scored for the home side, Jatinder Dhaliwal for Longo.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Four, AFC Norwich recorded a 4-0 (Sam Durrant, Ashley Grant, Jordan Hunt, Ben Revell) home win over Rose Athletic Reserves, whilst Nelson Athletic were 5-3 (Darrell Powell 3, Ashley Patchell, Dan Cook) winners at home to Woodton United.
In the Under 19s, Old Catton made it three from three after beating Hethersett Athletic 3-0 with goals from Lewis Wright (2) and Jake Appleton, whilst Reepham Town have also made a good start, winning their second game 3-1 at Heigham Park Rangers.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit