Hatters knocked back in attempts to sign Canaries pair
Luton Town have attempted to sign Chris Martin and Michael Spillane on a permanent basis.Both are on loan at Kenilworth Road until the end of the season and the Hatters had hoped to tie up a deal to keep them at the club for longer.
Luton Town have attempted to sign Chris Martin and Michael Spillane on a permanent basis.
Both are on loan at Kenilworth Road until the end of the season and the Hatters had hoped to tie up a deal to keep them at the club for longer.
However, the approach has been knocked back by Norwich City.
Luton Town director Antony Brown said: “We held talks with Norwich. We actually tabled two separate offers for both of them and both of them were rejected.
You may also want to watch:
“I think Norwich had their own problems that had to be addressed. The new manager wants the players back so he can make his own decision.”
On the potential of signing them in the future, he continued: “We are always looking for good players and they are two good players. They are always on the radar, but whether it happens with the new management remains to be seen.”
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Martin, 20, is Luton's top scorer with eight goals this term, while Republic of Ireland Under-21 international Spillane, 19, has impressed at both right-back and in the centre of Town's defence.
t Lincoln City midfielder Lee Frecklington has interested City.
Frecklington, scorer of seven goals this season, was watched by the Canaries during Saturday's 3-3 draw against Bournemouth, a game in which he scored. But Frecklington told BBC Radio Lincolnshire: “Until anything happens it's just speculation.”