Teemu Pukki: Should he stay or should he go?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Markku Kanerva believes he should go. Daniel Farke wants him to stay. But what do you think?
Teemu Pukki has been a major protagonist in Norwich City’s narrative under Daniel Farke. The Finn has scored countless goals and enhanced the Canaries fluidity and potency at the top end of the pitch since he signed from Brondby on a free transfer in 2018.
His 29-goal haul in the Championship saw him claim the division’s golden boot along with numerous other personal accolades.
Alongside domestic glory with City, Pukki was also influential in Finland’s qualification for the European Championships which were set to be held this summer - only for the competition to fall victim to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Finn raced out of the blocks in the Premier League - by the end of August, he had netted five goals and won the Player of the Month award, becoming the first City player to win the honour.
You may also want to watch:
A fractured toe in the Canaries 1-1 draw with Leicester City in December left the striker knocked for confidence and fitness - his goal that afternoon would turn out to be his last from open play.
A penalty at Tottenham Hotspur in late January was his last goal for City, Pukki’s barren spell over the second part of the campaign echoed the relegated Canaries’ own struggles.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 3 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 8 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
Some fear that this run is the beginning of a regression for City’s striker, whilst others believe he will regain his confidence once he breaks this drought.
Turkish giants Besiktas were linked with a move for the Finnish international - with the report suggesting that the club had even held exploratory talks with the Istanbul club.
City’s head coach stated his desire for Pukki to spearhead the Canaries effort to return to the top-flight before Finland coach Kanerva advised the striker to move away from Norfolk.
- Have your say and vote in our poll above!