Head of sports science Nick Davies leaves Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have announced that head of sports science Nick Davies has left the club with immediate effect.
Davies had been with the Canaries for four seasons having followed former manager Chris Hughton across from Birmingham City in 2013.
However his exit has been announced by City this afternoon, adding to a host of backroom changes following the exit of manager Alex Neil in March and the implementation of a new structure.
In a short statement, sporting director Stuart Webber said: “We’d like to place on record our sincere thanks to Nick, who has done a great job heading up our fitness and sport science department for the past four years and we wish him all the very best for the future.”
Webber was the start of those changes in April, with Daniel Farke since following as head coach in May and being joined by his Borussia Dortmund II assistant Eddie Riemer.
It was confirmed earlier this month that Alan Irvine would not be staying on, following his 10 games as interim head coach at the back end of last season.
You may also want to watch:
Goalkeeper and set-piece coach Dean Kiely is set to continue at the club, as well as Frankie McAvoy, although it is not yet clear whether his role as first-team coach will alter.
Dortmund’s under-16 coach Christian Fluthmann has also been linked with following Farke across to Norfolk having built a reputation for tying his coaching skills with those in scouting and video analysis.
While that has not yet been confirmed, Davies’ exit is announced a week before City’s players are due back at Colney for the start of their pre-season fitness testing, followed by a five-day training camp in Ireland from Monday, July 3.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and the City curse
- 4 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 7 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 10 Thankless task for makeshift striker Marco in Coventry draw