Health worries prompt Wisbech chairman t
Wisbech Town chairman John Petch has resigned from the club's board of directors, admitting that the pressure of the job was taking its toll on his health.
Wisbech Town chairman John Petch has resigned from the club's board of directors, admitting that the pressure of the job was taking its toll on his health. Petch's resignation was announced on the club's website over the weekend and he confirmed that he was stepping down due to health reasons.
He said: "If I carried on I would be on the verge of a nervous breakdown. It has been building up for months and I need to take some time out."
Petch has been at the helm of the club during a turbulent period, in which plans to move Wisbech to a new ground have hit the buffers.
In April, Petch was forced to go back to the drawing board amid huge public opposition to proposed plans for a new football ground on Lynn Road, Wisbech. Former chairman Barry Carter will now take over at the helm of the club but it is unclear whether he will be taking-up the role on a permanent basis.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech's annual meeting, which will take place on Wednesday, August 29, should give fans a better idea of who will run the club.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 7 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 8 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 9 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 10 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City