Heavy defeat for Mousehold
Mousehold 3, Marlborough OB 9With Mousehold's win over Marlborough in the pre-season, this Division One result was bitterly disappointing. Marlborough opened the scoring early on, and Mousehold did not seem to be able to deal with their aggressive tactics.
Mousehold 3, Marlborough OB 9
With Mousehold's win over Marlborough in the pre-season, this Division One result was bitterly disappointing.
Marlborough opened the scoring early on, and Mousehold did not seem to be able to deal with their aggressive tactics.
They put away a second just under the half-hour, and a third and fourth followed within a minute of each other.
You may also want to watch:
With Mousehold simply not making the most of their chances it didn't look likely that their fortunes were going to change any time soon, and the defence was not strong enough to prevent Marlborough getting a fifth with eight minutes of the half remaining.
All three substitutions were made before the second half was 10 minutes old, which seemed initially to make little difference with Marlborough's sixth goal 10 minutes in.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 6 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 7 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 8 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 9 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return
Somehow Mousehold forced a Marlborough defender's error, which produced an own goal on 57 minutes to get Mousehold on the scoresheet.
However, the pain was not yet over, as Marlborough put away a seventh and then an eighth within two minutes of each other.
Finally Mousehold put the ball in the back of the net on their own, when on 83 minutes Dwayne Batley finished into an open goal, and on 85 minutes Sam Jenkins produced a lovely lob in from outside the area.
Marlborough though had the final word, producing a final ninth goal right on the whistle to finish off Mousehold, who need to get over this defeat quickly, put their house in order, and focus on their next league game in two weeks' time.